News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

New Marvin Muffer Price change.

Started by RedBaron, August 07, 2016, 11:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedBaron

Regarding my new never used Marvin exhaust plus hardware, Monday at noon central the price changes to match prices found by vendors online.
$527.91 plus shipping.
She is a slim and beautiful 82, so true, black and white and red all over!

Rikugun

Quote from: RedBaron on August 07, 2016, 11:35:05 PM
Regarding my new never used Marvin exhaust plus hardware, Monday at noon central the price changes to match prices found by vendors online.
$527.91 plus shipping.

So it's going up from $390. If this doesn't work I'd add an additional 5% for each day it remains unsold.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

The Prophet of Doom

There's one on ebay for Eur560 plus shipping from the fatherland.  That's one hell of a lot for a mild steel exhaust - about the price of a stainless from Cycleworks I think. 

RedBaron

Quote from: Rikugun on August 08, 2016, 08:52:06 AM
Quote from: RedBaron on August 07, 2016, 11:35:05 PM
$527.91 plus shipping.

So it's going up from $390. If this doesn't work I'd add an additional 5% for each day it remains unsold.

I can do better. Giving a break to an ROVer is okay up to a point. But you can only lead a horse to water.

Even at the higher price the shipping is much less. Besides, the only ones left in Italy are the short square can versions, a cheaper built version. Mine is the tapered version. It is heaver than stock OEM. This is perhaps the last one on Earth. Perfect fit. I purchased it in 2011. It is rare now, very unobtainium.

So, now that I think of it, that kind of rarity is worth more! Yes.

The price is now $1500.

Walt_M.

Whale oil beef hooked!

Blake

$600 for mild steel headers for a V-twin?  What is this, a Porsche?  Just because something is rare doesn't mean it's made of gold.  I'll give you $5 for it.
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

The Prophet of Doom

Actually, exhausts for the XZ are not all that rare.

Niche Cycle sell Macs on ebay $US312

Cycleworks.co.nz still manufacture around the $US300 mark I think.  They also do Chrome and Stainless.  He ships a lot to the USA and gets good rates if you aren't in a hurry

Predator.co.uk still make them to order Stainless and quite spendy.  Check their site for pricing

Marvings are almost always available on ebay.de

Most places that manufacture will make to order if you leave them the bike for a few days.  I was quoted $US350 for a pair of Spec2 Replicas in steel and alloy, $US800 in stainless, $2500 in carbon

RedBaron

This one is. The DE is the cheaper Marvin model. Short, stubby and lacking the grace needed for an XZ; I checked this out long ago when buying.
The Mac is...well. It's a Mac. If you like Mac exhausts then you won't like this dual chrome wonder that is not as short and stubby as the DE Marvins for sale. The only issue I have with this exhaust is the chrome is thick and so it is heavier than any other exhaust. But it will also not rust through like OEM and any others. Others are not close to this fit and finish.

As I said, the last one.  Did I mention it has the mounting hardware also?

I also have a NOS owners manual sealed in plastic. It is beautiful! New books are rare. $250 and I will ship it free!

RedBaron

Leading the horse to the best water...