News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

I'm back! (RoV Roll Call?)

Started by 2002_wrx, January 31, 2017, 01:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2002_wrx

Hello? *echo*

The last time I was on this forum, I was a college kid with a rough '82 Vision and you guys helped me stumble through my first carburetor rebuild and other Vision woes. Sadly I sold that one when I moved out to Michigan for work.

Fast forward 6 years and I've bought another one! I overpaid for another rough '82 disguised as an '83 with the sport fairing. Working on getting her running now...

Guess I wanted to check in and see if there is still activity here. Judging by the time stamps on posts, things are looking pretty quiet nowadays. If you're here, give me a shout!

QBS

The Prophet of Doom

Yes it's really quiet in here, but good questions still get answered.

Walt_M.

I was gone for a while too but I am back with FZR600 carbs on my 83 and a happy Visioneer.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

I'm still fiddling with new carbs.  Oh yeah, making some brake mods too.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

fiat-doctor

Here as well....  Vision waiting for me to finish brake mods as well.

Welcome Back!

admin

Still here.  maybe a bit sleepy eyed and yawning lol. 

2002_wrx

Quote from: ProphetOfDoom on January 31, 2017, 06:39:17 PM
Yes it's really quiet in here, but good questions still get answered.

Good to know. Also, thanks for the link to the repair manuals...very helpful!

2002_wrx

Quote from: Walt_M. on January 31, 2017, 06:55:24 PM
I was gone for a while too but I am back with FZR600 carbs on my 83 and a happy Visioneer.

Nice! I may be experimenting with alternate carbs in the future.

2002_wrx

Quote from: admin on February 01, 2017, 08:07:45 AM
Still here.  maybe a bit sleepy eyed and yawning lol.

Good to know the site is still being watched over. I was a little worried I'd forgotten my password over the years and get locked out, but luckily I figured it out.

2002_wrx

Well...here's an update for any interested out there. My terrible Vision now runs. Took a good carb cleaning, helicoils for the oil filter housing, and hotwiring the ignition to get it started and idling. Now to sync the carbs, refurbish the tank, and restore the rest of the bike!

Rikugun

Congrats on your second Vision! You can distinguish the die-hards by their willingness to get another after having "endured" their first XZ experience!  ;)

From your avatar it looks like you have a well lit space with a lift so that should make the rebuild a bit easier. Keep the updates coming.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Blake

Im still around.  New job and moved so of course the bike is put on the back burner.  Hoping to finish it up and get riding before the summer.
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

artbone

Quote from: Rikugun on February 17, 2017, 11:11:13 AM
Congrats on your second Vision! You can distinguish the die-hards by their willingness to get another after having "endured" their first XZ experience!  ;)

From your avatar it looks like you have a well lit space with a lift so that should make the rebuild a bit easier. Keep the updates coming.

I guess you could call me a "die hard." I joined ROV when it was still on paper and still have several issues somewhere in what I call my "archives" and Carol calls "your junk." I've been through all of the common Vision woes; stators, starter clutches, carbs but I must say most of the problems I've had have been with my 82. I think I put a new stator in my 83 and that's the only problem I've had with it. That makes me think I would have been better off to send my 83 to the IOM and kept my 82 at home where I have a niece shop to work on it instead of a stone shed with no tools.
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

pinholenz

Welcome back. Although the forum is quieter these days, I'd like to think that the perennial problems with the stators, rectifiers etc are now being sorted by swapping in newer technology.
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

motoracer8

Yep, I'm still here. Still have my Vision and several other motorcycles.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

lexx790

I still check in from week to week, still riding all year round here in UK.......when its dry..ish

pullshocks

Hello Visionistas!

I went dark a couple years ago due to some password issues here at ROV, but I've been reading the forum fairly regularly.
Now that my access has been restored, I will be participating occaisionally.  But since my '83 is long gone, I won't have any Vision tech adventures to report.

Pullshocks/Mark

fret not

Mark, there is a remedy for that, ya know.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

pullshocks

Sometimes I get tempted to start looking, especially with the FZ carb conversion now being a known option (way to go, Walt and Ron). 

But right now, my wife's cancer treatment, luthiery, woodworking and house projects are keeping my head out of that rabbit hole.