Main Menu

I survived

Started by Rikugun, June 02, 2017, 09:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikugun

As I posted in the Nicky Hayden thread, I had surgery on my left wrist on Wednesday. I didn't die on the operating table so it looks like you guys are stuck with me for the foreseeable future. Having the broken bits mechanically attached means  physical therapy can begin much sooner so that's a good thing.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Walt_M.

Glad you made it through surgery but being one handed is going to suck. It was just a year ago I had my knee surgery. Recovery was not fun but I could do stuff.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Rikugun, one step at a time and one day at  time.  Just don't give up, you will get through the process and be wiser for it.  Ask Walt for perspective if you need it, as I think he may be wiser than many of us here.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

QBS

As long as you can rotate your right wrist you're over half way there.  If your spirits need a lift, we are here for you.  God bless you.

Rikugun

QuoteGlad you made it through surgery but being one handed is going to suck.
I had nearly 2 weeks from the accident until the surgery to learn just how much it sucks. The surgery should speed healing and alignment of the broken bits is better. I'll focus on that and as fret nut says, take one day at a time. Thanks for the support guys.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Ron_McCoy

Stick with your therapy and try to keep a positive attitude. We're pulling for you.

Rikugun

Thanks Ron, nice to hear from you.