News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Fuel shuttoff again

Started by gmac, June 20, 2017, 04:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmac

OK, I know this has been gone over and over, but does anyone know of a rebuild kit for the '83 fuel valve? I have mine down to the main side so the Reserve setting shuts it off, but it is leaking on the gasket I put in there and I would like to get it back to original with the vacuum shutoff.

I know Lucky was working on a rebuild years ago but I can't find any info on him.

Any ideas appreciated, my son is working on getting my baby rideable again. On the upside she started after 7 years in storage and runs good, took some cranking but we got her going.

Thanks.

Gary

Walt_M.

Good that you got it running. Lucky hasn't been active here for some time though he does pop in occasionally. He was able to rebuild a couple and posted what he did but it would be a search. There were NOS on ebay a while ago but they were  $183US. Good luck.
Whale oil beef hooked!

QBS

The partsilla listing appears to be for an '82.

Walt_M.

They both show the same part number and look like 83s to me.
Whale oil beef hooked!

QBS

Right you are Walt.  I didn't do a complete visual inspection.

gmac

Bought the one off Partzilla and a bunch of other stuff, super fast shipping, recommend them and also Yambits. Also comes with the fuel tank oring (oval ring, gasket, whatever you want to call it). The Vision no longer pukes fuel. Will post pictures when I can. Only suggestion I have is make sure you either have washers/seals for the screws or can make new ones, I would think they would include them with the fuel valve but no. Thrilled that she no longer leaks, one more step ahead.