News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

its ALIVE

Started by Rick G, July 13, 2003, 09:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick G

I went on a 3 hour ride today, the first since I started on refurbishing the "new " bike.  I really like the fork brace ! It really stops front end flex,   a vast improvement!  
I mounted one of Humbers  wind shields, and they are , to say the least SUPER.  I had toyed with the idea of a taller (longer?) windshield with a "kick up"  at the top. but Gustaufson   wanted too much for it ! The quality is excellent and I  like the looks of it on the bike.
 I still need to resync the carbs on this engine and go through the instrament cluster , as the tach is "hors de combat" but, this will give me the chance to install one of  Humbers custom instrament faces.
 its coming along and soon I'll be able to rub out the paint as its still a little "green" yet.
I have come up with  a different mount for the  RR,on bikes with full fairings,. If anyone wants to see it  email me at rgcdn@juno.com and I'll attach a pic .
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Blake

Hey Rick,

One thing i would like to get a look at is those instrument faces.  Anything would be an improvement over the faded faces i have now...

Thanks,

Blake
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Rick G

Its in the"Vision cover art contest"  in the middle of page 2  , you must have missed it!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike