News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Rear Exhaust Manifold

Started by artbone, September 22, 2017, 04:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake

If anyone needs those crush washer things that go into the heads before the manifokds, I bought 50 or 100 of them.    Never got around to bagging them in sets of 4 and posting them on here.  I can find what I paid for them/100 and that's all I ask.  I think maybe a buck or so a piece was what it came out to.
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

QBS

Are you referring to the copper ring things?

fret not

The asbestos filled copper foil rings? (crush washers)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Blake

Yeah-  What I ordered were those crush-rings that go into the exhaust ports and you tighten the manifolds onto.  Not sure the technical name Yamaha uses.  I measured the OD and ID of the available space and after some hunting, found a source that would work.  I'll see if i can dig them out of the shed this week and post a picture.
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Blake

Luckily i remembered to take a picture of them when I bought them!

https://stoddard.smugmug.com/XZ550/February-2016/i-2WSR4Mw/A

Those things.

jefferson

The part number my friend used was 31541. It is round like an o-ring and has material inside like the exhaust gasket at the port. He had to cut it and remove a little bit at a time while recurving it so the fit was tight. Just some info for those that may need it. He says it is nice and quiet now.