Author Topic: Needed Brake Spring and Sidestand Switch  (Read 209 times)

ProphetOfDoom

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Expert
  • The really perverted one amongst us
Needed Brake Spring and Sidestand Switch
« on: October 02, 2017, 01:32:10 AM »
Like the title says, I need a brake tension spring - that's the one that goes in behind the aluminium thingy to the pedal.
83 Model

Also wanting a sidestand switch.  They never came on the 16R model but I thought I'd like a warning light

Anyone out there who can help me out who is willing to post to New Zealand ?? 

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 11:19:16 PM by ProphetOfDoom »

Rikugun

• Visionary Grand Master
Re: Needed Brake Spring and Sidestand Switch
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 07:40:25 AM »
I have the switch but not the spring. If someone (in the good ole US of 'merica) has the spring and wants to send it to me I will include it in the parcel to NZ. I'm guessing this would be cheaper and require less hoop-jumping than two separate parcels.

POD, The protective cover on the wiring looks as if it's been pinched. I'll let you slice it open and investigate if you want. I did check the switch operation with an ohm meter and it works so perhaps it's not effected the wires but just the cover.

Oh, and to your query regarding $ - I'll not require anything beyond the shipping cost.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 08:11:10 AM by Rikugun »
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Walt_M.

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Expert
  • Hold my beer and watch this!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 08:07:38 AM »
I will have to check if I have the spring but I still have the Uni air filter POD was looking at a few months ago. I would like to get it in if you are sending a parcel.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Rikugun

• Visionary Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 08:12:50 AM »
Absolutely, thanks Walt. I'll send a PM with my info.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Walt_M.

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Expert
  • Hold my beer and watch this!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 08:32:16 AM »
Still haven't found the brake spring but I will keep looking. I do know the one I may have is from an '82.
Whale oil beef hooked!

ProphetOfDoom

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Expert
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 09:24:30 PM »
You guys are awesome !!!

pinholenz

• ROV Senior Member
  • Love the Light
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 03:35:28 AM »
I never quite understood the need for side stand switch when there is a Neutral switch and a Clutch Overide switch.

I sometimes like to start the bike (in neutral) on the side stand while I get kitted up. A couple of times when I first got the bike I drove off with the sidestand down but I was quickly cured of that stupidity!
Only one '82.5  eXtreme Zen 550

ProphetOfDoom

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Expert
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 09:03:12 PM »
I've ditched the clutch switch to make the rewire simpler.  I have enough brains to put the bike in neutral before pressing start.

Strangely that doesn't apply to putting up the sidestand.  The switch is something I missed from my old GS.  It's just going to display a purple light on my dash - no complicated interlocks.

Rikugun

• Visionary Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 08:32:01 AM »
I'd like to think I'm smart too but sadly I'm not  - or at least not all the time. I've disabled the clutch interlock and side stand features on two vintage bikes and on occasion have been bit in the arse.  I'm sure events like those are the exact reason for including those features in the first place.

I'd like to think I'd make those mistakes but once however I'm confident that bit of conceit will eventually be disproved as well. Oh bother.

Rikugun

• Visionary Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 09:43:34 AM »
Side stand switch shipped today. I'll e-mail tracking number.