Author Topic: MotoGp 2018  (Read 793 times)

fret not

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Expert
  • Mike Lewis - Grass Valley CA
    • Michael Lewis Instruments
Re: MotoGp 2018
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2018, 01:07:58 AM »
Big surprise is Jorge Lorenzo (factory Ducati) won the race!  Marquez(factory Honda) crashed out and rejoined the race to finish just out of the points.(16th)

It seems that Jorge has found the way to ride the Ducati, and now he may actually begin winning again.  He needs to show he can be a winner if he wants a ride next season.  Of course, several other riders need to do that too.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Walt_M.

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Expert
  • Hold my beer and watch this!
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2018, 08:13:08 AM »
Good to see Jorge win but he is finished on factory Ducati. Marquez crash was only a minor inconvenience. He has scored zero points in two of the six rounds this year and is still leading by 23 with 13 races to go. Yamaha is still trying to get things figured out. Rossi's talent and experience put him on the podium,  only luck would get him a win.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Expert
  • Mike Lewis - Grass Valley CA
    • Michael Lewis Instruments
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2018, 12:18:04 AM »
Rumors and some verification: Well, for next season Pedrosa out at Honda (official announcement) and Lorenzo in(still needs confirmation) .  Well, let's see if he can wield the Honda as a tool or a weapon.  From what I hear it is a rather physically demanding bike to ride.  The Ducati is easier to ride and still the riders complain it too is a physically demanding bike to ride.  It makes ya wonder some. ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Walt_M.

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Expert
  • Hold my beer and watch this!
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2018, 08:48:22 AM »
Finally, an exciting race. Lots of passing. Looked a little like Moto3 there for a while.
Whale oil beef hooked!

iain

• ROV Full Member
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2018, 02:44:50 AM »
That's the best race yet....

Iain
NZ