Said Goodbye to YellowJacket Today

Started by YellowJacket!, June 22, 2018, 08:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

YellowJacket is on her way to her new home in Baton Rouge Louisiana.  New owner is former Vision Racer from years ago.  He used to race a yellow and black Vision, and apparently his photos have circulated on ROV in the past.

I hated to sell her but I just didn't have the time to ride, and as a trauma surgery PA, seeing some of the after effects of bike wrecks has put a bit of a damper on my motivation to ride.

Anyway, the new owner Steve is a great guy and I know he will take good care of her.

You guys have been wonderful over the last 15 years.  If it wasn't for all the help and parts I got from you all, she wouldn't have turned out as good as she did...or at all..

David, aka YellowJacket

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

pullshocks

YJ was always an inspiration.  You did some great work on that bike.

I'm glad it is going to a good home.  It was really sad to what happened to mine after I sold it.  It ended up as a wrecked parts bike on craigslist. Not that mine was in the same league cosmetically, but I had really gone through it mechanically and electrically, and it was running great.   

Rikugun

David, glad you found a suitable steward for your Vision. I'm sure he'll appreciate all the work you've put into her.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

artbone

It's going to happen to all of us, sooner or later. We'll take a ride and then say, "Well, that's it. I can't do this any longer (for whatever reason.) I'm in my 80th year and wondering that exact thing. Motorcycles have been my main interest for 65 years. I like reading but that's a lot about motorcycles; I like writing but that's almost exclusively about motorcycles; I love traveling but that's mostly on motorcycles.

I just received my Isle of Man Vision today (sort of.) The guy who's bringing it to Mexico for me brought the tank, front fender, wheels, etc. this load. Next week he's bringing the rest. If I can maintain my enthusiasm through the modifications I envision for this bike I think I have a few more years of riding in front of me.

Anyway David, I'm sorry to hear you're hanging it up and I hope you find something else as satisfying as screwing around with an obsolete bike that only one hundredth of one precent of motorcyclist had ever heard of.
Art Bone

'83 Yamaha Vision in the Classic Black and Gold  Running
'82 Yamaha Vision Running
'74 Norton Fastback - Colorado Norton Works #26  Running
'73 Norton Interstate  Running
'75 Triumph T 160  Running
'62 Harley Davidson Vintage Racer
'61 Sears Puch  Running
'15 Triumph Scrambler
'17 Honda Africa Twin
94 Kawasaki KLR 650

zore

Sorry to see you go.  I still have mine but it hasn't seen the road in 10 years.  Might be time to give mine up as well.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

fret not

. . . . . or get it cleaned up and back on the road. ;)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!