News:

Main Menu

Help with tubes

Started by Tilir, July 02, 2018, 11:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilir

I am having trouble figuring out where a few tubes hook up to. I have a nipple on the front half of my carbs that im confused about and the hose coming out of the top of the airbox. Anyone know where those go?

Rikugun

Assuming you are somewhere in North America, it often helps to know if you have an '82 or '83. You might consider adding location and year to your profile.

The airbox hose question was recently covered here: http://ridersofvision.net/rovforum/index.php?topic=15857.0 Hope that helps.

The other might be sending a pulse signal to the fuel pump. It could also go to the petcock or YICS. Maybe someone else can clarify further.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

The Prophet of Doom

The carburetor joint for the front cylinder has two vacuum pipes to the petcock and the fuel pump; the joint for the rear cylinder has only one which stays blocked off.
When you are syncing, use the blanked rear port and the petcock front port (smaller hose) for the gauges, and set the petcock to PRI.

The airbox hose (if you have one) goes to the top lip of the front carb
The YICS goes to a port on the intake side of each cylinder just down from the valve cover gasket, if there is any chance the YICS is leaking (do an underwater blow test), you can use blanking covers on these ports also.

By the way, all those cracks in the carburetor are going to do you no good if they are leaking air (and they almost certainly are looking at them).  Good leak free vacuum is critical. 

Tilir

Thank you for the help.