News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Vision replacement regulators. SH775

Started by motoracer8, July 17, 2018, 06:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motoracer8

I put this info in the wrong place, and if it's been covered before disregard it. I replaced the regulator on my Vision with a CanAm regulator.#710001103. I made a backing plate from sheet aluminum to mount it in the original position and also to act as a heat sink. The connectors on the regulator point downward to make room for the Triumph pig tail #T2500676. The small brown wire in the regulator output connector is no longer needed. I poked it out of the connector covered it with shrink tube and taped it to the harness. The white connector on the Yamaha side is a slightly different than the Triumph side. It's the connector locking device that's a different shape. I sniped the loop off the Yamaha side and the connectors fit together perfectly. I used a small ziptie to hold the two connectors together. If you haven't cut the connector off the stator input wires the Triumph connector plugs right in. If you need to make a connector, go to a electronics store or auto parts store and get a three wire connector, male and female, that will handle 10 amps. Crimp and solder and add alittle dielectric grease on the connector. Put it all electrical connectors if you live in a humid climate. Helps keep corrosion away. Its basically plug and play.   
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

George R. Young

This is the series regulator, right?

Great for stator life, I put one into an SV650.

motoracer8

Yes, it's a series regulator from a CanAm. Triumph and a few others use the same regulator. My OE stator coil went 20 years and 53,000 miles. I had a new OE Yamaha stator that I bought years ago when they were still available. Hopefully the the new stator and regulator will prove as reliable.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British