News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Getting old

Started by shep1, August 28, 2018, 08:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shep1

With regret I must part with my three Visions. My hips/knee's are having a hard time swinging up over the saddle.All three bikes run..My 1982 black vision needs some starter work but runs great..the 1982 yellow bike is ridden often,it has a 1983 front end..The red bike runs fine but has not been on the road for a couple of years. I have about seven bins full of parts to include as well as two harnessed frames.The red/yellow bikes were purchased from a member.. Louis-Rene..$1500.00 for the entire vision family. Thanks

fret not

Hello Shep1.  Have you a viable speedometer and tach module?  The one I have has the tach but someone gutted the speedo, and the cases are cracked and broken.  So I am looking for a solid base (the white part), and a solid case (the black part containing the glass lens) along with functional gauges for an '82.  I have no facility for a fuel gauge sender on my tank so an '83 model would be sort of wasted on my application.

Otherwise I guess I will modify and fabricate attachment for a more modern set of gauges. 
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

vintage bikeworks

Quote from: fret not on September 01, 2018, 09:35:00 PM
Hello Shep1.  Have you a viable speedometer and tach module?  The one I have has the tach but someone gutted the speedo, and the cases are cracked and broken.  So I am looking for a solid base (the white part), and a solid case (the black part containing the glass lens) along with functional gauges for an '82.  I have no facility for a fuel gauge sender on my tank so an '83 model would be sort of wasted on my application.

Otherwise I guess I will modify and fabricate attachment for a more modern set of gauges.

fret not,
I have a base (white part) and outer case with lens if you are interested.  They are both NOS.  Also have a NOS tach and speedo listed on Ebay but if interested, I'll pull them off the site. 
1982 Yamaha XZ550 Vision
2002 Yamaha FZ1
1978 Honda CB400TII Hawk
2018 Yamaha FJR1300

fret not

Vintage bike works, thanks but I think I have found a complete unit that is functional. 

Dean

You do not need a therapist if you own a motorcycle, any kind of motorcycle! Dan Aykroyd

shep1

I have not heard back from Dean since the fall..pm was sent.All three bikes are still available with a truck load of parts.

shep1

The visions have found a new home..I will pass on the site information to the new owner to have a home to read and post questions and spend hours reading as I did. Thanks again shep1.

shep1

Hi

I am offering a truck load of parts after selling my three visions.. Too many to list..Best offer.

Thanks shep1

fret not

This might start a 'feeding frenzy' picking over  the remains of your Vision parts.  A list of parts would help prevent requests for stuff you don't have.   8)

Fantastic11

Quote from: fret not on April 21, 2020, 05:25:34 PM
This might start a 'feeding frenzy' picking over  the remains of your Vision parts.  A list of parts would help prevent requests for stuff you don't have.   8)

Guilty of this. I pm'd him for a starter motor  :P

shep1

Hi.Sorry for not replying as I had issues getting on site as well as bi-lateral hip replacement recently.Still recovering.I still have all the vision parts but want them all sold together as I do not have the time to separate them all. Truck load of parts from both 82/83. I hope I can get back on site after I log out for replies. Thanx

shep1

Quote from: shep1 on July 14, 2021, 08:06:04 PM
Hi.Sorry for not replying as I had issues getting on site as well as bi-lateral hip replacement recently.Still recovering.I still have all the vision parts but want them all sold together as I do not have the time to separate them all. Truck load of parts from both 82/83. I hope I can get back on site after I log out for replies. Thanx

Still available. Previous owner stripped to frames of three bikes. Parts in bins..frames..rims..forks..engine blocks/parts..gasket kits..carb kits..long/short bars..rads..all plastics..just some of the parts.. as a pkge.
Thankyou shep1

shep1

Quote from: shep1 on December 26, 2021, 03:50:41 PM
Quote from: shep1 on July 14, 2021, 08:06:04 PM

Still available. Previous owner stripped to frames of three bikes. Parts in bins..frames..rims..forks..engine blocks/parts..gasket kits..carb kits..long/short bars..rads..all plastics..just some of the parts.. as a pkge.
Thankyou shep1

More than a truck load of parts free if you pick them up. Can't even give them away.shep1

fret not

This looks to be a great opportunity for someone to establish a "winter project".  Just the sort of thing Tiger would have taken advantage of, and got some more visions back on the road.  :police: 8)