Author Topic: Getting old  (Read 121 times)

shep1

• Contributing Member
  • ROV Full Member
Getting old
« on: August 28, 2018, 08:35:44 PM »
With regret I must part with my three Visions. My hips/knee's are having a hard time swinging up over the saddle.All three bikes run..My 1982 black vision needs some starter work but runs great..the 1982 yellow bike is ridden often,it has a 1983 front end..The red bike runs fine but has not been on the road for a couple of years. I have about seven bins full of parts to include as well as two harnessed frames.The red/yellow bikes were purchased from a member.. Louis-Rene..$1500.00 for the entire vision family. Thanks
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 07:08:59 AM by shep1 »

fret not

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Expert
  • Mike Lewis - Grass Valley CA
    • Michael Lewis Instruments
Re: Getting old
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 09:35:00 PM »
Hello Shep1.  Have you a viable speedometer and tach module?  The one I have has the tach but someone gutted the speedo, and the cases are cracked and broken.  So I am looking for a solid base (the white part), and a solid case (the black part containing the glass lens) along with functional gauges for an '82.  I have no facility for a fuel gauge sender on my tank so an '83 model would be sort of wasted on my application.

Otherwise I guess I will modify and fabricate attachment for a more modern set of gauges. 
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

vintage bikeworks

• Contributing Member
  • ROV Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 01:24:16 PM »
Hello Shep1.  Have you a viable speedometer and tach module?  The one I have has the tach but someone gutted the speedo, and the cases are cracked and broken.  So I am looking for a solid base (the white part), and a solid case (the black part containing the glass lens) along with functional gauges for an '82.  I have no facility for a fuel gauge sender on my tank so an '83 model would be sort of wasted on my application.

Otherwise I guess I will modify and fabricate attachment for a more modern set of gauges.

fret not,
I have a base (white part) and outer case with lens if you are interested.  They are both NOS.  Also have a NOS tach and speedo listed on Ebay but if interested, I'll pull them off the site. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 01:27:27 PM by vintage bikeworks »
1982 Yamaha XZ550 Vision
2002 Yamaha FZ1
1978 Honda CB400TII Hawk

fret not

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Expert
  • Mike Lewis - Grass Valley CA
    • Michael Lewis Instruments
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 01:25:31 AM »
Vintage bike works, thanks but I think I have found a complete unit that is functional. 
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!