News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

wanted 83 exhaust

Started by auto, March 11, 2019, 01:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auto

Looking for a set of very good to excellent black chrome 83 exhaust with decent header pipes
Thanks,Joe

Walt_M.

Hate to be a negative guy but you might have better luck finding a unicorn.
Whale oil beef hooked!

auto

Had to at least ask around.It's for my son who's redoing my old vision.It's looking pretty good,but new shinny black exhaust would look even better.Might look into one of the high temp coatings as a option.

Walt_M.

Visionary Dan has a recent post on here with a lot of parts, including exhaust but I am pretty sure it is for an 82. QBS is trying to get rid of an 82 muffler. You can give them a try. You could get it black chromed of powder coated. But it will still sound like a Hoover with a head cold.
Whale oil beef hooked!

The Prophet of Doom

Have you thought about buying a new one?
try Cycleworks.co.nz good price and ships worldwide

auto

As for slightly unplugging a stock exhaust,has anyone gone down that road? Love to open up a trashed exhaust and see the baffle system

Walt_M.

A better option might be an Italian company called Marving. They made a system for the Vision, or they did. I saw some pics some time ago and it is stock appearing. Probably expensive but OEM would be as much or more.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

As for coating chrome exhaust, I have had good experience with sand blasting just prior to spraying the Barbecue Black or other high temp automotive paints.  The polished chrome surface does not have such good adhesive qualities as a roughened surface.  Either blast or chemically etch the surface for better adhesion.  Otherwise it is likely to have shiny spots where it gets hit or scratched and some paint gets knocked off.

Also re-chroming exhaust systems has been less than satisfactory as there are all too often imperfections like scratches and cracks that get plated over and they show in the "new" surface.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!