Anyone know a good source in Australia?
Thanks
Mike
Both Luthers had their dreams,
But I've just got one Vision.
Theirs got them into strifes,
Mine just takes me fishin'.

injuhneer

Or a cross reference to the correct size?
- Mike O
1982 Yamaha XZ550RJ

MikeScoot

It's light here now and I pried one out. OutsideD-40mm Inside-30mm - same as the header flange.  Look like asbestos sandwiched in copper.

MikeScoot

Ordered two pairs today from Ebay. $5 per pair.

kevin g

Are you referring to the gaskets between the cylinder head and the header pipe that are sandwiched between the two when the pipes are installed?  Those seem readily available but I would like to find the copper rings that are only on the rear exhaust that seal the headers to the collector.  On my '83 they are solid copper rings and no longer available from Yamaha.  There are some on the auction site but rather pricey.

Does anybody know of a source for them?

MikeScoot

Ah! That looks like a joy I'm about to discover. My 'A' bike had custom rear headers - straight onto the head. One of my jobs for today is to pull those two-part headers off the 'B' bike. Haven't yet seen the gaskets used in there, but hope to today if I get down the list that far.

MikeScoot

Quote from: kevin g on December 07, 2019, 10:39:54 AM
Are you referring to the gaskets between the cylinder head and the header pipe that are sandwiched between the two when the pipes are installed?  Those seem readily available but I would like to find the copper rings that are only on the rear exhaust that seal the headers to the collector.  On my '83 they are solid copper rings and no longer available from Yamaha.  There are some on the auction site but rather pricey.

Does anybody know of a source for them?

Ah, I see what you mean. A couple of vendors have them but VERY expensive. I wonder has anyone had any luck just using the same gaskets as the front exhaust manifold to header? Or is there another trick - like simply using exhaust gasket goo?