News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

New to the board, just saying hello!

Started by MrGonzo, August 18, 2019, 09:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrGonzo

I picked up my first Vision from a fellow forum member. I've been a bit obsessed with learning about it and the engineering behind it. He also gave me a parts bike which have started putting back together (loosely) as a learning tool. With a tank and instrument cluster it might even run again. I'm a classic car guy and I can't help but try and restore it at least a little.

I've ridden bikes before but not since I was a kid; riding in traffic is all new to me. Just got my permit about a week ago so it'll be a bit before I'm doing any "real" riding. For now I'll take short trips around the neighborhood until I complete the PA safety classes.

Just wanted to say hello from West Chester, PA!

Jim

fret not

Well, pull up a chair and settle in, and WELCOME!  A couple things to point out are the links to technical articles on the front page, and any post by Prophet of Doom, as he has important links on his posts.  All very handy if you need some direction or technical information.  I hope you enjoy the ride (journey).

Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Inheritance

Hey Jim -- great to hear from a fellow Vision owner so close to home. I'm in Philadelphia and have been pretty invested in these bikes for the past three years. The information here (and the ROV Facebook page, which I suggest joining for real-time troubleshooting) is essential.

I actually just took the intermediate rider course that Pennsylvania offers. Super educational and small class size keeps it fun. Avoid 90 degree days if you can though.

WGuaire

Mr Gonzo - Glad you got one and made this connection. I just got a 1983 Vision from Telford, PA.
Cheers,
Bill