News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Surgery

Started by Walt_M., September 19, 2019, 03:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt_M.

One of the benefits of getting older is getting some of the ailments you've always heard about. I had always heard that prostate cancer is no big deal. Tomorrow I am going to have my prostate removed. I have a friend who had his removed 15 years ago and he says it is a change but I should get over it. I may be out of commission for a few days.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Here is hoping things go well and you sail through in style. 

A few bumps along the way just add perspective, and maybe a few more gray hairs.  Just revel in the fact that you have already won the game of Life by getting into your 70s, and there is still energy to do things.  Well, that's how I feel frequently, as I fill my being with gratitude. :)
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

fiat-doctor

Walt....   best of luck with the surgery.   I had mine removed about 5 years back and have a few friends who have done the same.   Recovery period varies, but it is in general not too bad.  Mine took a while but all is well now.  Steve

Walt_M.

Well I made it and home for my birthday. fortunately no pain, just discomfort and dealing with this stupid catheter. Appreciate the support.
Whale oil beef hooked!

lexx790

Happy birthday and hope you have a speedy recovery

Ron_McCoy

Happy Birthday Walt. You'll put this behind you soon and be back to riding and enjoying life

Walt_M.

Got my catheter removed today,  freedom!
Whale oil beef hooked!

fiat-doctor

That's great news Walt!   I had mine for 3 weeks and it was probably the worst part of the whole thing.
Glad that is in the past for you and hope the rest of the recovery goes smoothly.
Steve