News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Footpeg rubbers

Started by MikeScoot, January 26, 2020, 05:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeScoot

Anyone know what fits?
So far I have learnt that RD30LC ones fit as do XJ650 ones, but there must be more options. Anyone know? Non Yamaha is fine for me - anything that will fit over the front pegs.
Cheers,
Mike
Both Luthers had their dreams,
But I've just got one Vision.
Theirs got them into strifes,
Mine just takes me fishin'.

WGuaire

Mike - I just looked at a parts fiche. The pegs are square. Measure your square and length. Post it. We can all look around various makes and models! Too bad you don't live in Virginia, USA!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Foot-Rest-Peg-Rubber/254492426231?hash=item3b40ee3ff7%3Ag%3AGNEAAOSwNNVeIxBG&LH_ItemCondition=1000

Bill

MikeScoot

Thanks Bill.
I'll measure them up a bit later today.

MikeScoot

Sometimes a bloke just makes things more difficult than they have to be. :-)
After searching everywhere online, the best delivered price I could find was AU$25 per rubber. I had to call the local Yam shop about something else today and whiole I was talking I asked price and avail. of 1J7-27413-01 (footpeg cover). AU$18.50 and delivered (to local dealer) on Monday. Today is Friday!
This kind of service reminds me of the old Nikon service to professionals!
Happy Mike.

WGuaire

It's a good idea to check the dealer's price before buying from eBay or another internet sales point. The internet seller covers people who can't or don't access a dealer. Sometimes the dealer is cheaper...and it's OEM Yamaha!