Author Topic: MotoGp 2020  (Read 730 times)

Walt_M.

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Expert
  • Hold my beer and watch this!
Re: MotoGp 2020
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2020, 10:10:30 AM »
Race 2 is in the books and it was televised live in the US. No spoiler though.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Expert
  • Mike Lewis - Grass Valley CA
    • Michael Lewis Instruments
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2020, 03:04:23 AM »
Yeah!  I saw it on NBC at 11:30 on Sunday morning.  I had read the results earlier, so knew some things to watch for during the race.  I missed the first race on Saturday because I didn't know about it being on TV, but someone told me about the Sunday race on a local channel.  very nice!  They sometimes slow the video so you can see how everything moves at speed.  There are some very good camera operators involved, and they know of some shots that are particularly dramatic and interesting, plus the views from the cameras on the bikes, so one's interest and attention happily follow along. 
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

MikeScoot

• ROV Full Member
  • NSW/Qld. border, Australialand
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2020, 05:55:40 AM »
As an ex-professional (that 'ex' bit hurts) photographer I have to agree. Those guys do a great job and so does the entire DORNA production team.

And, of course, the subject matter is sensational! I've covered a few MotoGPs and GP's as an accredited photographer and it is always a blast!

The last (most recent) race was - even watching a day late and at home - excellent! At first I thought they were exaggerating the taxing conditions but the attrition rate proved the race to have been just as tough as they had forecast early on. They did, however, get it very wrong when they reckoned the Yams wouldn't do too well. In fact, the Yams did just the opposite - they did MUCH better than anyone else! And if Team Vision had been racing they would have done even better! :-)
Luther had his dream,
But I've got my Vision.
His got him into strife,
Mine just takes me fishin'.

Walt_M.

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Expert
  • Hold my beer and watch this!
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2020, 06:10:02 AM »
Next race is at Brno which is supposed to favor Ducati due its longer straights. Yamaha has to find out why 2 of its engines failed at Jerez. And will 2 weeks off be enough for Marquez to recover? He is by no means out of the championship hunt.
Whale oil beef hooked!

MikeScoot

• ROV Full Member
  • NSW/Qld. border, Australialand
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2020, 09:16:44 AM »
Yeah, the Dukes have their usual long legs and seem pretty competitive.  Actually it's shaping up as being a season where EVERYONE will be keen to make up for lost time and go hard!
Looking forward to the next race!
Luther had his dream,
But I've got my Vision.
His got him into strife,
Mine just takes me fishin'.

fret not

• Contributing Member
  • Visionary Expert
  • Mike Lewis - Grass Valley CA
    • Michael Lewis Instruments
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2020, 02:01:14 PM »
This abbreviated race season brings the races thick and fast in the attempt to fill in the numbers to actually make a season.  Likely to be short and intense, with any mistake magnified.  Sorry for Marc this season as no one should have to race with a broken arm, or leg, or back.  I just hope he doesn't damage the arm further.  Next season is just around the new year corner.  With 5 months remaining in this year there is yet time to wring out a season to satisfy the fans and at least to some degree the sponsors.  Get it on TV so the world can see those logos. :police:
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

lexx790

• ROV Senior Member
    • XZ550 Restoration
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2020, 04:00:21 PM »
UK TV presenter Suzi Perry had a breakfast club during lockdown where she interviewed various people in the mornings.
Being the presenter of UK pay per view channels which hosts all the moto GP races there's quite a few interviews with Moto GP riders.
Catch them up on her youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChOEa-ARic2ygLLBo5hs0kA