News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

'82 carb intake manifolds

Started by skylab, July 02, 2003, 08:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skylab

I finally have found time to get back to work on my "82 Vision. I had boht a set of MAC pipes, and am going to play with K&N pods. I know some have stated they inhibit low speed intake velocity of the big venturi downdrafts, but I'm going to see. I rejeted the carbs. but I found it weird that the oem manual shows two jetting setups for two different models. I'm assumig it is a Euro bike and a US model. I decided to up the main air jet from #130 to #135, and the main fuel jets from #122.5 (front cylinder) to #125, and the rear cylinder from #127.5 to #130. (STRANGE: the Euro (?) spec in the book calls for #130's front & rear!) I'm leaving the pilot jets alone, as the Euro spec has #50's, and my US version is set up with #60's.

I looked on BikeBandit.com for a picture/part # for the intake manifolds, TO NO AVAIL! :-( I need a new set ASAP!!! Any help here??

Thanks......Mark at MLabKCC@aol.com...please send me direct info on leads/sources.

Rick G

Dennis Kirk's Snowmoble catalogue  has them . You can call them  and ask to talk a technician   and be prepaird to take some accurate messurements,  while you speak to him. They should be able to come up  with a suitable  manifold  I did this with another bike when I lived in MN  and they were very helpful!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

skylab

Thanks to a fellow Vision enthusiest, I found (in stock) a complete kit consisting of front and rear manifolds and two intake manifold gaskets, from K&L Supply. excellent price also!!

sdinino

Can you post a URL or ph. number? What was the price? If I recall the last time I saw a manifold kit for sale they were about $45.
-- Steve D