News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

air screw on 82 carb. where is the dang thang?

Started by scootertramp, July 02, 2003, 03:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scootertramp

Okay I looked at the manual and it seems to be on top of the carb after you take the breather off a brass looking screw with a pin inside with a a o ring on it on left side of carb.
MINE was tightened up(both are). so I loosened it and looked.
NO spring that I could see; I looked in the hole. nada. the air screw AND the fuel screw BOTH have springs to keep them in place?  Since both were tight (no springs either) and the bike not only cranked but screamed I assumed that I was too stewpid to figger out which one was the air screw and I just assumed that it was a jet of some sort. ..
So I need your help to ascertain ONCE and for all EXACTLY which ones are which. I know WHERE the IDLE SCREW is duh!(thumb screw with spring on right side.)
 when I finally find it, do I adjust the air screw while its running? first one then the other? anyone..
I need the step by step FOR DUMMIES with MENTAL paralysis version.. ahahaha! LOL!
THANKS for helping a brain damaged v owner.
IT's a VISION.   82. 550. water-cooled and shaft drive.
yes'm water-cooled just like a car.
No. no chain. it has a shaft drive like a car.
well no mamm I don't wish i had a car.
well, when it rains I have to find a dry spot.
cause this is a

RobTx

They're on the left side of the bike, bottom of the carbs, at the same level as the pivots for the throttles.  Just above the sync rod.
Rob

Rick G

When the V was new there was an aluminum plug concealing the low speed adjusting screw . Perhaps they are still in place on your bike. Do you have a Haynes manual or a Yamaha manual ?   If not you DO  need one!
 :o
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike