News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Lookin fer fuel tank

Started by Spitzen Mcgruder, July 08, 2020, 03:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitzen Mcgruder

Hey there fellow RoVers. Im looking for a fuel tank (pref stock grey or black but i can paint if need be) please shoot me a pic and price. Im in texas but dont mind paying shipping. Thanks in advance vision fam!
When the shit is about to hit the fan, step out from under the fan...

Spitzen Mcgruder

Forgot to mention its for an 83. Sorry  ;D

fret not

Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

briandneville

Here's link to a craigslist add showing two visions that are grey or maybe grey.  One tank is visible. I will be going to look at the exhaust on these in the next few days and can pass on more about the tanks if you are interested.

These are 82s I think but the tanks are the same, no?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/mpo/d/federal-way-yamaha-vision-xv550-parts/7152043744.html

How did it come to this?

Walt_M.

The tanks are actually quite different. The '83 has a cutout in the saddle for the fuel level sender and the petcock opening is larger. 
Whale oil beef hooked!

Spitzen Mcgruder

I know its gonna be a hard find but this is the best place to find one for sure. Im sure we'll see another 83 surface.

fret not

There is at least one listed on eBay.  You realize they usually need work, don't you?  Perforations along the lower areas is the main issue.  I thought of using a tank for a form to make a mold to make a tank.  However, fiberglass tanks are seldom seen these days.  They may not be legal, depending on the laws where you are.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Spitzen Mcgruder

In texas here. I have a tank but its got rust on the inside and a spot where its rusted a hole straight through. Can this be salvaged?

Spitzen Mcgruder

The Prophet of Doom

Repairable yes, but there's a LOT of labour there - my NOS one cost less that the repair will cost

The Prophet of Doom

briandneville

The tanks I saw Saturday were from a 82s.  Sorry that didn't pan out.
How did it come to this?

Spitzen Mcgruder

Sorry so long i got a new phone. Nos 1? Its compatible?

VisionMeister

Do you still need an 83 tank? I've sold my tank

montezumakustomz

I need a tank.. Message me if you have a good one. I have two that are swiss cheese 🧀....