News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Luggage and Staying Cool

Started by WGuaire, August 19, 2020, 12:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WGuaire

I've been in a struggle lately with getting sparks and staying cool. What a struggle!
  I attached my rear luggage rack. My welding guy added some bungee posts. Then, I had it stripped and powder coated gloss black. Looks new.
  Since I was in a 'luggage' mode, I put on the antique Yamaha saddlebags I got from eBay.
The ride was down the George Washington Parkway on the Virginia side of the Potomac. The pix were done at Daingerfield Island sailing marina. That's a giant puddle in the rear of the head on pic.
  The temp was mostly in the upper part of the mid level. When going through lights on the way to the Parkway, the temp went to the upper, but ok, range. Then while cruising from 45 to 55, the temp would go back down to the upper middle. I'm ok with that.
  It's nice to have a runner back!

d.lag

looks cool!!

WGuaire

Quote from: d.lag on August 22, 2020, 03:28:08 PM
looks cool!!

Thanks, d.lag - A lot of that comes from the original design. It's an especially effective fairing/windscreen combo. So it's practical. Plus, it's in good condition. I'm glad the machine is running again! It was creepy having such a good looking machine that wasn't running.

fret not

Looks great!  Cheers for the extra bunjie 'hooks'.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

jefferson

Just a word of caution on the rear rack. It will not take much weight before deflecting down and rubbing on your tail piece. Ask me how I know. The mounts are only about 2 and 1/2 inches apart. Best looking rack out there, but be careful.

WGuaire

I'm going to shave the upper right bungie holder a bit. I noticed the rack can move and I don't want the post to dig into the tail section.
  I'm thinking of adding air conditioning.... maybe. In the Winter it takes 9 minutes of riding and the motor starts flowing heat around my legs. On this fairing the vents are working. "Cool" is pretty warm these days.