End of Winter

Started by WGuaire, March 09, 2021, 07:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WGuaire

It was 64 in Arlington today. So I road along the river and back, about 45 miles.
  After gassing up I added Seafoam to the tank.

kevin g

I have ridden all year here in San Diego.  I did take my van to work a week or so ago and probably will tomorrow since it will be raining.

Your bike is very nice.  My '83 runs great but needs cosmetic work, too bad I got interested in a different project so it will have to wait.

admin

Quote from: WGuaire on March 09, 2021, 07:18:43 PM
It was 64 in Arlington today. So I road along the river and back, about 45 miles.
  After gassing up I added Seafoam to the tank.

Nice looking bike!    we got up to around 49 or so today, didn't take the bike out but was able to
take break from work and go for a short walk, felt great in the sun.

-Ron

WGuaire

Today we hit 72. It's nice not freezing anymore.

MoVision

Today was a California low of 62 during the day.
enjoy the wrenching... This bike was sitting for 24 years in a barn. Took a week to get running until the gas tank started leaking....carbs done, coolant lines redone, brakes, tires, new paint, wiring, coolant reservoir vapor cleaned, front forks repacked, up next rear suspension

fret not

I am closer to the other end of the state (Calif.) bit of hail last evening and frozen crunchy this morning.  I keep a fire in the wood stove all the time during this part of the year.  I will be more comfortable when the weather warms up a bit, but then the weeds grow and bugs come out, which is what the little birdies need.  Icy roads are a problem here in the foothills.  Mostly the roads are clear and clean but the occasional shady turn will catch you out if you don't pay close attention.

I have now been vaccinated for the COVID, in another week or so I will be "safe".  Already have plans to celebrate BIL birthday in 2 weeks.  I miss meeting friends for breakfast or lunch at our favorite cafes, and the music festivals, live concerts, etc.  We will likely be wearing masks and washing hands for months if not years.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!