News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

1983 Vision For Sale

Started by kevin g, July 18, 2021, 12:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin g

1983 Yamaha XZ550RK Vision
13,3xx Miles, clear California title in my name and registered non-op.
$2000

When I got this bike, it had not run in a long while and once I figured out that the front cylinder cam timing was wrong it started right up after the carburetors were rebuilt with all new parts.  The fuel tank has been cleaned and coated with Caswell Plating epoxy.  The front forks and brakes have been rebuilt with new seals and braided stainless steel brake lines.  While the front end was apart, the forks, control mounts, master cylinder, triple clamps and fairing mounting frame were stripped and re-painted with epoxy paint.  The wheels are amazingly clean and sport new Metzeler Roadtec 01 tires.

This bike runs very well and is amazingly smooth.  The shock damping adjustment still works and a little air pressure in the forks adjusts the front for rider weight.  This is a solid bike that just needs to have the years of patina, typical of 80's motorcycles, dealt with to have a nice classic bike.

There are a ton of spare parts including a complete set of bodywork and seat with no tears or blemishes.  There is a complete set of new engine gaskets and control cables.  Spares include a set of carburetors and air box (unique to the '83), as well as the impossible to get air filters.  The spare instruments have no fading on the markings like the original and shows about 16,xxx miles.  The right muffler has a noticeable dent but no rust that is common on these machines.

I have a lot more photos so please ask.

kevin g

I seem to not know how to post multiple photos.

kevin g

Sold.

Went to a gentleman in Corvalis for his wife.