News:

Main Menu

last ride of 2021?

Started by briandneville, October 17, 2021, 10:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briandneville

The weather was OK and I had the time so took the V out for a spontaneous ride down Lake Washington to Seward Park and back.  Seattle is a terrible place to ride a motorcycle, with all the hills, crappy roads, cars driven by idiots and stoplights everywhere, but I got a good one in today.   Passed a few cars on the way down which was mighty fun and then had the windy lakeside road to myself for about half the way back.  Never had that before!  It was a little cold but the heat vents kept my legs warm and the Vision ran beautifully.  Maybe I'll get out again but the rain has started and the days are dark.  But I'll remember this day for the next 6 months until it's warm and dry again. 

Have a safe winter; and for those in the southern hemisphere:  get ready to ride!
How did it come to this?

fret not

Rain started here last night!  I gotta get a better rain gauge.  I have two, but one showed 1" (about 25mm) and the other showed a bit less than 1/4" (about 6mm).  However, when I was walking my old dog this morning and kicked over some gopher hills, the loose soil in the mounds was dry and dusty.  It was only damp on the surface.  So this is evidence the amount of precipitation was NOT 1", and maybe not even 1/4".  Here in the  south western USA we are experiencing some of the most severe drought conditions on record, and other parts of the country are having more rain and wetter conditions.  This is happening all over the globe, and the educated guess from NASA/NOAA is this is likely to continue as the global warming continues.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!