News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

MotoGP '22

Started by fret not, January 31, 2022, 12:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fret not

Maybe Vinales woke up too.  He has dug a hole for himself with his reputation as a 'head case'.  Now is the time to show what he can do, and continue doing that.  We should see pretty soon where the unattached riders settle. 
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

fret not

Yesterday Vinales and A. Espargaro topped the time sheets for a while with their Aprillias!  Reading some comments by some of the MotoGP riders, the Aprillias seem to have better drive out of turns, this is BIG!  Already Espargaro is 2nd in the points race for the championship.  Now, if Vinales can get his self to do the work, he and Espargaro can make some history for the little Italian factory. 8)

Walt_M.

And then was the race! I'll say more after you've seen it.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

He "threw it out the window"!  Bonehead slip of awareness, and I would bet that he doesn't do that again.  There is a LOT of stuff going on for a rider to pay attention to on a MotoGP bike in a race, but with flags, pit boards, and messages on screens on the bikes, this should not happen.  Sorry for A. Espargaro and Aprillia, likely to be some mean jokes about this.

Walt_M.

I really expected Espargaro to win, I didn't expect Nakagami to take out Bagnaia in the first turn, with his head! Germany in 2 weeks. Without Marquez, it's up for grabs.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Silly Season (musical chairs) is playing out now.  Miller to KTM, and only rumors so far for the rest.  We will find out soon.  Rins, Mir, Olivera, ?  Inquiring minds want to know. 8)

Walt_M.

Watched the race at Sachsenring and it was most interesting. No spoiler yet.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Walt_M.

Now comes Assen, wet FP1 but drying FP2. Big surprise, Bagnaia, Espargaro and Quartararo are on top.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Some wicked video of Fabio Q being launched!  His second 'crash' of the race.  I watched the race on the MotoGP site using my subscription to VideoPASS.  It's probably on YouTUBE also.  Vinales picked up a couple places in the last corner on the last lap.  It was a classic 'smooth move', so Vinales got his first podium with Aprillia!  Aleix Espargaro was run off the track and rejoined the race way back, then began his attack that brought him slicing through the field to 4th. 

Summer break for a few weeks, next race is at Silverstone, UK in August.

fret not

OOPS!  That was A. Espargaro (Aprillia) that made the swift move, passed Binder and Miller for 4th in the last corner of the last lap!

Walt_M.

That was a fantastic ride by Aleix and an unfortunate mistake by Quartararo. Not only did he score no points, the FIM issued him a long lap penalty at the next race. Nakagami got nothing when he took out Bagnaia and Rins in the first turn 2 races ago.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Looks like the Suzuki riders will be on Hondas next season.  Rins to LCR/Castrol, and Mir to Repsol Honda.  I hope they get the Hondas properly sorted and dialed in.  The motor is great now but the 'rest of the package' needs some wizard love.  Marc's younger brother will be on a Ducati.

Walt_M.

The grid is set for Silverstone, Zarco, Vinales, Miller and Quartararo. Aleix Espargaro had a hard crash in FP4 and qualified 6th but is questionable for the race. The race will be on CNBC tomorrow at 1:30 eastern. Have to watch this one.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Pretty good race!  Maybe this will be a turning point for Vinales now that he "knows" the Aprillia can do 'the stuff'.  Sorry for Aleix Espargaro on the other Aprillia, injured in practice, but he finished the race!  That takes some 'grit' to ride through the pain.

Walt_M.

Interesting practice today in Austria. Wet FP1, dry FP2. Ducati day but Quartararo was 4th, Espargaro is 11th. Will it stay dry for FP3?
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

I have been pleasantly surprised by the Aprillia's rate of development, and A. Espargaro's ability to get to the sharp end of the pack.  Maybe now Maverick can maintain a mature attitude and be competitive on a regular basis.  Soon it will be more difficult as Marc Marquez will eventually return to the fray. 

Walt_M.

Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Six more races to finish the season. 
Next race in Spain, and then the "fly-aways" (Japan, Australia, Malaysia, etc.)

Walt_M.

And the point race is tightening up. Marquez is supposed to take part in the testing today and tomorrow, see how his arm is healing.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Ron_McCoy

Misano testing has Quartararo fastest. Yamaha has a new engine for 2023, more top speed.