Main Menu

MotoGP '22

Started by fret not, January 31, 2022, 12:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fret not

If Honda can take a lesson from Suzuki and Aprillia (and Yamaha) to make a bike that can be ridden at the sharp end by more riders than Marc . . . . . . . . oh, never mind.  It will be what it will be.  Marc is coming back and all will be roses for Honda again .   Maybe.  We have seen what happened to Marc, and it could easily have been much worse in an instant.  I want to see Marc win again, and I am a Honda fan (I also like Suzuki, Yamaha, KTM, and Aprillia) so Marc and Honda at the top again, but Marc will not always be around because riders cycle in and out as they rise to brilliance, then fade much like the tyres they race on.  I feel Honda is all too much depending on Marc and forgetting the other riders that help earn the points toward the manufacturer's trophy.  Ducati has 8 bikes on the track, Honda has 4.  I know it is expen$ive to support  GP bikes, but more bikes means more data and that often means faster development which leads to winning more races. 
It is truly an amazing experience to be riding this little garden planet, and witness some of these amazing feats of  physics, bravery, and technology.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Walt_M.

Ducati has 8 bikes and 1 rider, Bagnaia who has won 4 in a row, Bastianini who has 3 wins and 5 top 5 finishes. Yamaha has 3 wins with Quartararo, Aprilia has 1 and KTM 1. Quartararo has a 30 point lead in the rider championship. Honda is nowhere and Suzuki are on the way out. Can 8 Ducatis beat Fabio? Stay tuned. 
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

That's why they line up on Sunday,  . . . . because nobody knows what's going to happen.  There are 3 or 4 that are likely "possible" winners, but we just have to wait to find out who it will be.  Quarty seems to be on a 'roll', Pecco has won consecutive races recently, Enea can do it, and Marc is back.  Aleix Espargaro and Maverick V on the Aprillias are playing at the sharp end, and you just never know who might have a 'good' weekend.  Less likely but still quite possible is Jorge Martin who has posted fast laps to gain pole position a couple times.  This is a good season, and I am enjoying it as it unfolds.  Savor the moments, they usually don't last long before change happens.

fret not

Wet in Japan for qualifying.  Marc Marquez takes pole position for the race tomorrow.  I certainly hope this race goes on as a 'normal' race instead of all the tumult and chaos like the race in Spain (Aragon). :police:

fret not

Another race next week!  These are the "Flyaways", Japan, Thailand, and Australia,  to complete the season in Spain in early November.  There is a lot of stuff to discuss during the 'off season', and it will be chewed over thoroughly before the new season begins next year.
The championship is tightening for some, slipping away for others, and 3 races(75 points possible) to go.

Walt_M.

Who could have predicted Motegi 2022? Certainly not me. On to Philip Island next weekend.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

We'll get to Australia, na d maybe that is where the title will be settled, but first is Thailand.

Walt_M.

Guess I got ahead of myself there but I don't think the title will be clinched before the end in Spain.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Walt_M.

Well, it's on to Valencia next week for the title but it's pretty much a done deal. Turns out 8 Ducatis can beat 1 Yamaha.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

I am wondering what the factories will improve for next season.  Yamaha really needs a new motor (or better computer maps?), Honda needs 'something' (not sure what),  KTM needs a bit of refinement, Aprillia is so close maybe they just need some time.  Actually, the competition has brought the bikes to a very close competitive state and all of them can play at the sharp end.   I guess we will find out after the new season gets rolling.

Walt_M.

Don't know what bike 'improvements' we'll see. Yamaha certainly needs more power and might have it. Honda needs a lot but what to do? With the addition of Mir and Rins, do they dare build another 'Marquez special' and hope they adapt? We will know more after the Valencia tests. 
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

As Walt stated, the championship was pretty much a done deal, but there were some surprises and some significant DNFs in this final race.  Well, the season is over and all the shouting and cheering is settling down as we begin preparations for the coming new year.  Everybody grab a comfortable rest and some refreshment as we slide into the holidays and seriously cold weather.  It is time to work inside making machinery ready for the new season as the weather will begin to warm again in a few months.

Walt_M.

Considering my low expectations at the beginning of the season, Fabio did a tremendous job getting second in the championship. Congratulations to him and to Bagnaia the new champion.
Whale oil beef hooked!