News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

1982 Vision - sell or keep?

Started by azzivar, December 02, 2022, 06:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azzivar

I'm in a quandary...  I have an '82 and just sorted a clutch issue (after two years), which meant a carb rebuild, and in doing so, tried to remove the jet with the ball, weight and 90 degree pipe that sits above the throttle flap, dislodged the pipe from the jet and then lost the 90 degree pipe.

I've been trying to find carbs or parts, but spending another $120 just to get the jet for the one carb doesn't seem worth it. 

Any input, feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.  My options appear to be to sell it outright (what's it worth?), part it out or fix it.

The bike has about 27K on it and ran fine (except for the clutch issue) prior to my attempt to rebuild the carbs.  It has an '83 fairing with a crack on the left side that could be repaired. 

I do love the way the bike rides, sounds and handles, but I can't just let it sit around anymore.

Thanks,
Greg

briandneville

There are always used XZ carbs on eBay for a wide price range.  I saw one for under $40 that had the nozzle showing in one of the pictures.  Oddly, this nozzle is not showing up on the parts list at Yam Parts Nation.  Maybe a different seller has a diagram with it, and maybe it's still available?  Your bike will never run right w/o the accelerator nozzle.  XZs aren't worth much when they run; a non running version would be worth very little.  Best of luck to you!
How did it come to this?

Walt_M.

I have an '83 carb and I think the pipe is the same, yours if you want to try it.
Whale oil beef hooked!

azzivar

Sounds good to me - purchasing the single carb sounds like the best option, Walt.

Please email me with the details - how much you want for it, and where you are to consider shipping or local pick up.

azzivar@gmail.com

thanks for your help and feedback.

Walt_M.

The carb is pretty much junk and not worth anything, I was just going to remove the pipe and send it to you. I pulled the fitting and pipe out of the carb and of course it is plugged up and needs a good soaking in carb cleaner. I can do it but it'll take some time.
Whale oil beef hooked!

azzivar

Would  you please consider just sending me the part, and I'll follow up with soaking/cleaning it?

Thanks!

Walt_M.

Whale oil beef hooked!

briandneville

there's a post on the facebook ROV page offering a set of '82 carbs today
How did it come to this?