News:

Main Menu

Vision pistons.

Started by motoracer8, December 04, 2022, 12:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motoracer8

Is anyone in the group looking for pistons for their Vision ?  I'm going to have JE make some pistons for me. But I have to buy 4 at a time. So I'll have another pair that I won't need. They are forged pistons and come with rings and pins. About $400 a pair.  I've looked around for Yamaha pistons and have come up with nothing. 
Let me know if anyone is interested.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

fret not

Hey Ken, somewhere I have a note regarding pistons for the XZ550.  The information came from Craig Hanson some time ago.  I will make an effort to search through my "pile" to find the information.  The pistons were from another bike I think.  Knowing Craig they may well require some 'minor' modification.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

fret not

Oh well, I found the note and this may not be what you are looking for.  This is for a fairly major modification and requires regrinding the crank pin for a 61mm stroke and using Wiseco pistons for a Toyota, and Hyabusa rods.  Or maybe you already know about this.

fret not

Ken G. what size pistons are you going to order?

motoracer8

Hi Mike. I've found pistons in the UK but by the time they get here they cost more than JE pistons. I'm not into huge amount of machine work to make something else work. Been there done that.  My Vision runs fine but has alittle wrist pin rattle as there's no bushings in the rods. I have another set of rods that I put bushings in. My Vision has 55000 miles on it, probably could use some pistons?? Want to get my ducks in a row before tear down.  I'm sure 1st OS would take care of mine. JE will make any size you want, but minimum order is 4 pistons of the same size. They make beautiful pistons. I've used several in other projects. Let me know if you know anyone in the group that might be interested. I know, $400 pistons for a $500 motorcycle is a stretch.

Thanks for the response

Ken
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British