Main Menu

MotoGp 2023

Started by Walt_M., March 10, 2023, 06:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt_M.

Well, here we go again, last test before the season start at Portimão tomorrow and Sunday. I'm not sure if Video Pass will cover it but Crashnet will.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Now JUNE 9, and the track is MUGELLO/Italy.  This should be interesting since Marc Marquez is 'back', and several of the recently injured contenders have been declared fit for Sunday.  DUCATI country, but KTM and Honda are not so far away.  Sunday will tell the story.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

Walt_M.

With 8 bikes in the field and 5 or 6 riders capable of winning, everywhere is Ducati country. Can't really fault Suzuki for withdrawing after last season. Maybe Yamaha should have followed as they are even less competitive. Oh well, maybe it'll rain.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Walt_M.

We've reached the summer break. Marquez has yet to complete a race and Ducati lost a sprint and 1 Gp. Exciting season, not. Doubt if I get video pass next year.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Walt_M.

Since there isn't anything interesting to discuss during the break, they are suggesting concessions for Honda and Yamaha who have never benefited from concessions. Of course Ducati who benefited from 5 years of concessions oppose the idea.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Walt_M.

Finally back to racing this weekend at Silverstone. Unlikely to have a much different podium but can I get an over/under on the number of times Marc Marquez crashes? 4-7.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Walt_M.

Scene of next mass first turn crash, Misano.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Fortunately first lap crashes are 'rare', but obviously they CAN happen.  It is rather amazing that they don't happen more frequently, which is a testament to the skill of the riders.

Walt_M.

There have been 3 this year including back to back the last 2 race weekends.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Walt_M.

I can understand lack of interest in the season so far but today's race made up for a lot.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

And now we are reflecting on the end of the season and how it will finally settle. 
I am impressed with the Aprillias and KTMs,and disappointed with Yamaha and Honda.  Ducati have been impressive, but not the wold beaters the factory had hoped for,  . . . . . . . . . . . yet.  I will hide and watch.

Walt_M.

The title fight certainly isn't over but Martin has been so strong lately. It might be more interesting next year with Marc on the Gresini Ducati alongside his brother.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Walt_M.

One weekend to go, 37 points and a 21 point lead for Bagnaia. Variables, tire quality, tire pressure and weather. The last can negate the first two.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Walt_M.

Turn out the lights, the party's over. Unusual finish to the season. I won't spoil it yet. Have the Tuesday test to look to. Some different riders on different bikes and first looks at the 2024 bikes.
Whale oil beef hooked!

fret not

Just reading some 'news' that Marc Marquez will ride Ducati next season, along with his younger brother.  His first testing so far shows he is rather fast compared to the other Ducati riders.  Honda kinda blew it by not keeping their bikes up to snuff, KTM and Apprillia are competitive, but Honda and Yamaha seem to have lagged behind in development.  Even Marc couldn't win on the Honda, so no reason to stay on un-comptetitive machinery.  So he left to ride Ducati along with his brother.  Hard to figure some corporate decisions, or maybe Honda was tired of winning. :o