News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

mounting 83 parts on 82

Started by collind, May 30, 2003, 01:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

collind

Here are 2 things I would like to know about using 83 parts on an 82

1.  The nose cone/front fairing/windshield

Can you mount it?  And how do you?  Does it just fit in place and what about the headlight?

2.  The speedometer...  alright cmon, there is something about having a speedo that only goes to 80 that just sux

Can an 83 be used on an 82?  Do you have to wire it differently?  Also, is it possible to change the odometer reading on some gauges you buy?  So that you can set the reading to the same as what you had before changing.

collind

Also, I want to pay the $10 to be a full member, and I was wondering if it would be possible to just paypal it?

Rick G

The 83 "nose cone" or fairing  will fit either model. as to the speedo , track down an '83 speedo (140 mph) or a Canadian  one (210 kph) either one will fit , although the '83 one has a gas guage that you will not be able hook up, on your '82.  You can disassemble the speedo, to reset the odometer, but if your not  REAL experenced at this , I wouldn't do it. its not worth the hassel and the potential to screw it up.
 As to the mounting , there is probably someone around here with a copy of the installation instructions.
 I don't know if Jeff Swan ( the creator of, Riders of Vision, the newsletter) has  paypal.
This is Riders of Vision (the web site)  administered by  Ron Ghetti,  and whiile there is a connection between the two , this is not where you send your money.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike