News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Ignition Transistor Update

Started by Leather, May 25, 2003, 10:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leather

Hey folks -

Waiting for the 40 days and night of rain to stop (here in Mid Atlantic area) so I can get out on bike.

Meanwhile, get frequent emails about ignition stuff and recent one reminded me that Ignition / TCI page needs to be updated a bit when I can find the time.

Specifically, I have gotten feedback from some riders of other Yamahas that there is a good (road tested) replacement for the TCI transistors.

They are : ?NTE 2317. ?This is a high voltage fast switching transistor designed for ignition applications. ?If you can find them they are about $8/per.

I say "find" them because NTE buys surplus semiconductors and sells them. ?When they're gone they're gone. ?But I have bought some recently and you can still find them from various vendors ?(ie. ?Mouser electronics).

They are bigger than originals so will have to fabricate new heat sinks, etc...

New site looks great Ron. ?Get a lot of emails about ignition and gas tank stuff. ?Might be worth having a seperate "gas tank" page. ?I would say one of top topics beside TCI / RR and performance issues.

For those curious, my unit in Afganistan since Jan. ?I didn't deploy. ?Couple old heads left behind to run the hometown show. You know how our planes did in Iraq. ?If you want to see how rugged the trusty "Hog" is ?view battle damage pics %50 midway down this page:

http://www.a-10.org/

-Cheers, ?Leather

Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way.