News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

STEP by step on hard wire of stator and R/R Please

Started by scootertramp, May 05, 2003, 11:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scootertramp

Lets pretend I have massive brain damage. I want to hardwire me stator to batt ?8) for free. also R/R/
Please some body bored talk me in/ also what is the five dollar fix for the carbs. MINE have clogged in spite of the inline fuel filter.. How about two filters in line? :-/

What used stators will go into my vision? R/R ? I need to change 'em out..
IT's a VISION.   82. 550. water-cooled and shaft drive.
yes'm water-cooled just like a car.
No. no chain. it has a shaft drive like a car.
well no mamm I don't wish i had a car.
well, when it rains I have to find a dry spot.
cause this is a

Rick G

HI scoot , haven't seen you on much! To hard wire your RR and stator , just cut out the two plastic plugs . Start by removing the battery and battery box . You will see the two plugs on the RR which is located on the back of the battery box.  Any of the white wires will go to any other white  wires . Slide a piece of shrink tubing  (Radio Shack)  1 inch long , onto the wire , strip  the insulation 1/2 inch on both wires and twist them togeather ( not  at 90 deg to the wire , but over laping) solder the joint and slide the shrink tubing  over the joint and heat it with a hair dryer, until it shrinks.  repeat this proceedure for all the wires . Pay attention to the  coloured wires and don't cross wire them.  
As to you carb problem you may have water in the gas, I add 2 oz. of Seafoam to every other tank of gas , to keep water from building up. try a good dose of Seafoam or any good dewatering agent. also you could remove the lowspeed adjjusting screws ans spray some carb cleaner (like Berrymans)  in to the opening , stick the little red tube in as far as you can and give it a good dose. I would put the Petcock in prime and drain some gas to see if there is water in the gas  too.
As far as used stators,  they are kinda like hay thats been through the horse. Unless  you need some for your rose bushes , its not much good.  CX 500 RR work well and some Kawasaki ones too . But you should consider getting a Electrex Stator and RR . lots cheaper than Yamaha and better too!
 the other otion is to go through the old posts from 2 or 3 months ago  where D.T. rewound his own. A trip  to  Elertex web sit will be good too lots of good information there. ( the link is  on the home page)
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

One thing to add:  sand clean the contact areas between the R/R mounting bolt & R/R, get a length of 12 ga wire and secure it under the mounting bolt.  bolt the other end of the wire in your battery's -Neg post  what you have done is provided an alternative path to ground for the r/r.  this is nessacary because any unused current produced by the stator is shunted to ground.  this is why the neg (black) wire that runs from the r/r into the harness is the first to melt whern the connection goes bad.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black