Report on latest maintenance session

Started by QQBS, April 27, 2003, 04:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QQBS

Just completed final assembly, washing, and initial street trial.  Work performed included replacement and hard wiring of stator coil and Reg/Rec, cleaning plugged idle fuel jets, air cleaner replacement (Thank you RobTX for the $5.00 tip.  It appears to be working well), spark plug replacement, and oil and filter replacement.

Bike started immediatly and idled correctly after warm up.  Screams smoothly to redline without hesitation at will.  Still need to put carb sticks on bike.  I was amazed at how well it started and ran.  Thank you Father God!

Alternator puts out 14.7 volts at 4000 rpm, 14.6 volts at 2000 rpm, and 14.3 volts at 1500 rpm.  No gasoline leaks, no oil leaks.  Also finished installation of new clock and related under fairing lighting source.  Will provide details to interested parties.  Cheers!

RobTx

The filter fix seems to be working fine.  I pulled the tank today and had a look at it.  No moving around.  Pulling a vacuum opens the flapper with no problem, but I can hear that the rod is rubbing the media.  I kind of folded down the corner and it runs fine, so I'm gonna leave it in.
Rob