Anyone have any problems with Spec2/Telefix Co.?

Started by Lucky, April 07, 2003, 02:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

I have a V here i'm checking out for someone (Dr Max) who just bought it before having it shipped to Ga.  Max wants a fork brace, so I had him call Sp2 and have it drop-shiped here while I have the bike.  the guy at Sp2 yelled & screemed at him and hung up, Max never even got to order the brace.

I called Sp2 and got a message that he was busy and to call back tomorrow...
Is this guy nuts or what?  anyone else know of a fork brace still in production that fits the V? (other than the ones that used to pop up on Ebay)
Thanks, --Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Cdnlouie

There are two designs that keep popping up on ebay (a three & five piece design ??).  They are still there, but the sellers have not sold too many in the last few months so they have not posted them as often.  Is the Spec2 somewhat superior to these or will any old fork brace do?  I have the emails of the two sellers that typically sell them if you want a contact.

Silver_Bullet

The last Telefix fork brace I bought was in 1985; looking on the web uncovered no application for Vision.  Bought a brace on ebay, made well and fit as advertised (the Telefix needed shims, as I remember).  Shame about the treatment your friend got, I had similar problem with local Yam dealer.  Good luck.
Mark
If you have to ask why we do this, you wouldn't understand.

Rick G

Hi Cdnlouie, I will take those email address's please,
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

bikehandle

I.ve got the 5 piece from e-bay and I love it! fits great! ;D
god, save me from my fondest wish!

admin

oh yeah, spec II.
I talked to the guy a couple years ago and he seemed ok.
but later on a newsgroup or I think the RD forum,
I heard he was a nut, very cranky if you don't catch
him on the right day or whatever.

btw, I bought the 5 piece one on ebay also, I talked to the guy and he had about 30 or 40 of them. I wanted to make a deal and pick up a bunch of them, he wasn't interested.
he had bought out some old dealer stock and lists them one at a time on ebay saying that he'll make way more money that way. can't say I blame him, but it's a decent unit, forged aluminum and fully adjustable.

-Ron

Lucky

Yup, sounds about right.  my guy is making a bid on the Ebay one. I have the same one too, works fine for me.  also found out that the V i'm pivking up in Va is an 82 with a fairing :(  oh well, that's ok, I just really wanted an 83...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

jasonm.

On Ebay only get the 5 piece one with 8 bolts(says "forged" on it). This one allows some adjustability that the Daytona one will not allow.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules