STATOR AGAIN ????

Started by 1LostVrider, January 14, 2003, 03:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1LostVrider

Hey guys i had my stator replaced with a new Electrex stator about a year ago. And now, my bike isnt charging anymore. I changed the RR and then the bike sat due to back pickup and then i fired it up again last month and now its dead again. Is it possible that the stator went bad again ??? if it is indeed the stator is there a way to fix it at home without having to buy another 120$ one from electrx ??
thanx

LVR

Lucky

a motorcycle batt will normally lose charge just sitting idle, even disconnected.  you should keep it on a trickle charger.  that said, charge the batt and go thru the Electrex chart again.  if it does turn out to be the stator, they will probably replace it if it's only a little over a year old.  their good that way.  no stator is bullet proof, but theirs are higher quality than Yamaha's, at less $$$
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Humber

hmmmmmm...... another stator....... hmmmmm buhahaha no stator is perfect....... buhahaha

anyway, if you don't like stator and charging related problems change the bike, it is the only I know with such a horrible fault...
nie ma podpis?w

1LostVrider

hey lucky, i replaced the pick up coils and the bike was running fine. I had just put in a new battery and the bike ran great for about a week, and then one day on the freeway while i was giving it gas it sputtered and died. I checked all the connections and all the hookups and everything looked good. SO the only alternative is the stator. Is it possible that a V goes through a stator in a year ??? Does anyone know why it does that ? Is it because i put in a new RR  after i put the stator and it did something? Has anyone found out why it does this ??? Or i just have to deal with it and change the stator every year ?

Lucky

LV, you really need to check the charging system and go thru the electrex chart.  you might not have a  bad stator, it could be something as simple as a bad connection at the key swich, but you need to go thru the chart & find out.
Also, have you checked the starter for oil? if it's loaded with oil, it can be hard to start or worse.
if the electricals are in good shape & maintained, you shouldn't need to replace it for a long, long time.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black