News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

No more charge...

Started by Rolle, May 17, 2005, 01:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolle

Hi there!

I wen?t for a practice drive range for bikes last sunday. one moment was to brake as hard as you can from 43,5 mph and 56 mph and a last moment was to break from 56 mph and  avoid a obstacle in front of You.
During those tests the engine oilpressureindicator vent on for a couple of seconds, and after that the bike doesn?t charge anymore when the light?s is on. (In Sweden we must have the headlight?s on,(low beam) during the daytime)) but if I switch off the light the charging is on up to 13,5 volt ???
Any Idee? ??

After those test?s and some more there was time to go out on the track and test high speed cornering and breakpoin?s. Moor or less it was a  kind of racing without overtaking  ;D

Great fun and the XZ was surpriseingly well toghether with those supersportbikes as Ninja?s, Honda CBR 1000,Dukati and moore. They beat me at there?s top speed but I beat them in the corner?s :D
I got some respect from them after the "race" and some instructors was astonish over the fact that the bike is from 82.
Roland........
Take care and be safe on the roads!

Lucky

hopefully you changed the oil before you put the bike thru it's paces...
anyway, the stator is oil coole with splash from the rotor, but a momentary loss of pressure shouldn't have fryed it.

i think it's a coincidence, the only way to be sure is to run the electrex tests.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black