News:

Main Menu

Seafoam

Started by Hugh Jass, November 28, 2002, 03:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugh Jass

My front idle jet clogged making around town driving embarrassing ( looks as if I can't handle the bike/clutch)

Any-who, my problem has prompted me to ask where you guys buy this mystical Seafoam stuff I've heard so much about?  The local NAPA doesn't carry it.

Thanks

mrsoup

Ask the guys at NAPA to order it for you. The local NAPA here has it in stock as well as the Car Quest and Advance Auto parts. It is quite common here in the Midwest and does a really good job, especially in motorcycle applications. It is not so strong that it will eat rubber parts but is potent enough to clean up dirty fuel systems.

Rick G

Hi Hugh,  I'm sold on Seafoam.  Both  my mower and snow blower would come alive  when needed  asa result of applications of Seafoam. I add 2 oz. to every other tankful in my Vision to keep the carbs clean and the tank water free. I can get it at Napa and car quest , here in Oregon. Im Minnesota I could get it everywhere. Menards, Home Depot, auto parts stores, lawn mower shops. hardware stores, Everywhere!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

You can also use Berrymans B-12 fuel injector cleaner works as well as Seafoam. I use it often.  be sure to get the liquid not the spray.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Dave T.

A few words of advice, Seafoam is only a quick way out. I used it to make my V run better when I bought it with a rusty tank and clogged carbs. But now that I POR 15'd my tank and spotlessly cleaned my carbs, I don't need it any more.

I would use it for storage in the off season though (in your fuel). It's about $6 a can so it get expensive.
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)