Re: Exhaust system design thoughts

Started by Bernard Lajoie, September 12, 2002, 11:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernard Lajoie

Bought a "spec II" sys. Ft. cyl. had a correct pipe w/ race baffle.Took those measurements and built a rear cyl. pipe w/ remaining muffler(it hooked up to that lame-ass"Y"pipe/total cheese)Worked at a salvage yard so we built it out of mostly vf750f stk. ex.sys.(stainless/steel)&super/trapp4-1(more thin-wall s/s)Rear pipe came down the back of the motor directly foward to a collector (followed the split of the engine cases)then back just underneath the clutch cover to the muffler which kicked up past rider's peg and followed the lower angle of pass. foot peg brkt. the muffler ended above the rear axle and about 2" past the axle.This along with a set of custom made FZ-750r cv-carbs(36mm)was the best sounding "V"(it out "DUC" the "DUC'S for sound)some people thought was a DUC.throttle response the rest of these lame-ass"V"owners can only dream of.It is the trickest looking I have ever seen(except for that one Stuart Cooper raced long ago in BOTT and this one on the west coast in a FZR400 chassies,CHAIN-DRIVE,flat slide MIC,even tricker 2-2 ex. sys.Jeff Swan has seen my bike and these others just mentioned and he would agree(except when it came to buying this one & and a primo 83' I have for sale)which they still are!!There's something for ya-all to think about :'( don't strain those tiny little brains you all have trying absorb all this in one reading girls) :o Cheers Magots

ArrrGeee

Bernard Lajoie

Nice "flamebait",that's the best you got.Like I said lame -ass visionarys you are!OH,by the way JasonM your on the right track just about 10yrs too late on this"amazing discovery" the C/V's are still better!You should lose the air box & use K&N's oval's 6" tall.*clue*main air correctors are key!Dream on ladies,Cheers!

Bette Rthanu

any wonder why your initials are BJ?.... :P

ArrrGeee

Hey Bernie,
 instead of calling us a bunch of girls, how about posting
 some pictures of said V? There are people interested in buying
 Visions all the time around here.  If anyone would appreciate your custom work, it would be here in this forum.

Bernard Lajoie

ok, BJ...  hmmm.  well it's obvious we don't live in a perfect world free of Trash that never made it out of kindergarten.  my initials are BLL, which you could infantaneously translate in a future response, PAL.  and while you might have a superiority complex, and think you're better than us, i challenge you to attempt to re-read your ABC's so you can learn how to discern between the letter L and the letter J.  

thank you for the loving thoughts, however, respectfully, i would appreciate it if you would not associate me with any BJ in your life.  i'm sure it's a small issue not to be misconstrued with a real man and his genitalia.

i love you man, but i just don't think of you that way, and you're not getting my Bud Light. ;D

Bernard Lajoie

Ron,

if you haven't noticed, i have been posting my bikes for sale for a long time.   obviously, this forum is full of blindmen not able to see the worth of having 2 CLEAN TITLED Visions.  either that, or said Visioneers haven't the time or inclination to come relieve me of this antiquated junk i have that you hold so dear.  no pictures will do any good in this case because it seems to me that if anyone had half a brain, they'd realize that I AM SELLING 2 VISIONS FOR $1500 BUCKS, AND PLUS, everyone knows what a bone stock one looks just like the rest of them.  the Hot Rod one i have is simply the icing on the cake.  a real spectacle, only appreciated by said Visionaries.   8)

mrsoup

OK, I'll bite. What are the Visions that are for sale? Did I read correctly that one is an 83. Tell me more, please.
mrsoup

Bernard Lajoie

:)To whom it may concern,both are 83' V's,(1) bone stock down to the tires 5,500miles(1)"hot rodded",fox shock,p/s fork springs,as mentioned ex.sys.S/S brake lines,c/v carbs,new starter clutch,frame,forks,wheels&swing arm painted 87'/88'honda cr dirt bike red/orange,body work audi artic wht.w/wrinkle black accents.oh yes superbike bars instead of that cast alum.crap they come with.+ a box or two extra stuff(inst.pods,tach&speedos,wiring harness,tail sect.stk.83' carbs cleaned ready to use&other assorted crap, haynes man.ect...)(2) clear titles #'s match,$1,500 takes it all.Tempe,AZ.(480)303-8362 .......have the org.motor for the wht.bike,lost rod bearing thou.use to be a race bike.

John Logan

Regarding BLL's Visions, my advice to all of you is not to waste your time. I went to his house 4 or 5 years ago, was shown the bikes (which are as he advertises them), and was told that I could not buy them because someone else was about to arrive to take them to Oregon. This was news to me at the time. The fact that BLL has not sold the bikes by now, and continues to contribute abusive remarks to the forum, suggests pretty strongly that his only interest in holding on to the bikes, and in contributing to the forum, is to inflate his wounded ego by derrogating the unsuspecting. I recommend giving him a pass.

Lucky

It's like a used car dealer insulting you when you walk on to the lot....
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

83V550

? ? ?SECOND GRADE REPORT CARD FOR:
Bernard Lajoie
 ? ? ?DOESN'T PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS
 ? ? ?ART & CREATEVITY: ?HIGH MARKS
 ? ? ?SENTENCE STRUCTURE: ?POOR
 ? ? ?SOCIAL SKILLS: ?NEEDS IMPROVEMENT
 ? ? ?MANUAL DEXTERITY: ABOVE AVERAGE

Something's never change. ?Just jokes Bernie Boy. ?You definitely bring color to the forum. ?Too bad you dont have any pictures of the bikes.

glennw

So let me understand this:
BLL in AZ has no photo's of the V's, I sense some BS going on the ROV site. If BLL can't sell his bike's after calling us all DS, that's TS. I think BLL owes us all a BJ  :o

glennw
Half Mad Max

George R. Young

If for any reason you're unable to sell your two '83s and decide to part them out, I'd be interested in the handlebar risers.

ArrrGeee

Ha!
 good one Glenn.
 all bs aside, if someone is looking for a V with lots of spare
 parts, it sounds like an interesting deal. assuming Mr. Lajoie
 is in fact serious. heck, if it wasn't over 2000 miles away
 I might be interested in picking it up and reselling some of the
 parts.  it is Arizona tho' and I don't have that stop on my agenda :)

While a heated debate is good every once in a while,
 name calling only demonstrates a lack of respect for your
 fellow bikers.

but you knew that...

Lastly, Bernie if you need someone to post some pictures
 for you. I'll give you my home address, you can pop
 them in the mail and I will put them up on the site.  
 It sounds like your vision custom is pretty nice and
 I'm sure many of the other guys would like to see it
 as well as anyone interested in buying.
 I just had someone email me less than a week ago looking
 to buy a vision so I know there are people interested.

How did we get so far off topic... ?
 anyway, just for the record, I still love my predator exhaust
 it still looks and sounds excellent.  4 into 2 into 1
 here is the link for those who haven't seen it.

http://www.ghetti.net/rov/Technical/PY15/py15.htm

-Ron

Pepsibike

admin

The exhaust was about 550 with shipping I believe
yeah thats not cheap, but. a replacement from yamaha
if it's still available is/was 605 at last check.
If your going to keep the bike, you'll never have to
worry about the exhaust again. (stainless steel and lifetime warranty.)
I think the biggest downside is waiting for it. they hand build
them to order and it takes a good month or so.

-Ron

Bernard Lajoie

Hello, my lack of Vision friends.  Finally, BLL HAS COME BACK TO THE VISION FORUM!!!   ;D

Anyway, after almost a week worth of riding my BEEMER, I see that the little nasties have been having their way with my good name?  seriously.  

John Logan?   hmmm?  this person who did come to my house in quest of Vision(s) waltzed up to the garage in his power plaid shirt, golfing shorts, and white socks with penny loafers?  he proceeded to look at both of the bikes, and seemed totally interested in the stock one.   At the time, both bikes were for sale as a pair for $2,000 till he decided, because the bike was dusty even though covered with a sheet. In AZ, dust and dirt are facts of life.  He proceeds to rub the dust off the top of the tank in a circular fashion DRY!!!   Now anyone with a brain or some class would have realized that this is simply grinding the dirt and dust into the clear coat and paint (which actually WAS in great shape though dirty?).   If he had asked, I would have cleaned the machine off.   I wouldn?t rub my hand on someone?s tank paint like that, and if I did, I would expect them to check me directly into the SMACKDOWN HOTEL on the corner of Know Your Role BLVD and Jabroni Dr?   :'( HA!  Anyway at that point, I decided that my bike was not going to be placed into the hands of this person and told him that I had someone else coming from Oregon (this guy was a real piece of work also) that following day to look at the bikes.  Still he wanted to know how much I wanted for the black one, I told him $1,500.  He said, ?but you want $2,000 for both so it should be half.?  And I said, ?it?s $1,500 for you, pal??  So I told him, ?see ya later bub.?  And that was that. And YES, I DO care where they go, which is why I wouldn?t sell this guy a Jolly Rancher and have a good conscience of where IT wound up even for ITs? short life.  Oh, and John, you have no class.  That?s all I have to say.

Now then, the KLOWN act from Oregon arrives the next day at my shop, introduces himself around lunch time, so it worked out that we could go check out the bikes.  He drives like a 105-year-old man (I wondered how long it took him to get down here).  He looked to be mid to late forty, if not older.  We get to the house, and we peruse over the bikes.  He was very interested in them both.  (I held my breath.)  And then, the other shoe dropped.  Never have I heard such a sob story from someone driving over 2500 miles for the sole purpose of buying 2 bikes and having absolutely NO MONEY!!!  He then tells me of his health problems that he won?t know the outcome of until September (2 months away).  WHERE THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE COME FROM?    These were the only 2 people that came to see the bikes in the past 5 years I have had them for sale other than Jeff S.  So, out of all the people in the world that come to see my bikes, I get Sir Smokes-Crack-A-Lot and Mr. Grind-The-Dirt-Into-Your-Good-Paint PUNK?  Anyway, about the exhausts.  (Predator) this is truly the best thing out there seriously.  I have had one on order for mine for 2 months, so I?m not holding my breath.  Yes Ron, if you e-mail me your address, I?ll send ya some pictures of the bikes.   I ask that you return them, respectfully.

As for used car salesmen?  Lucky?  you?re LUCKY you live back East.  The report card was cute too.  And the abbreviations were truly a pile.  As for parting out complete motorcycles, I had numerous stupid fucks calling asking if I could sell the Fox Shock? ?Would you sell the top triple clamp handlebar setup??, to ?would you sell the exhaust system?? etc...   Un-fucking-believable!!! Anyway, I would agree that having to come down to nowhere AZ is a bit of a task.  This place is the pits.    Still, it?s a deal at $1,500 bucks, fellas.  Get this shit out of my life.  I need the room? 2003?s are out, and I?m going shopping!!! I don?t need 20 plus year old piles taking up space in the garage.  If enough time passes I would have to throw them away, which is senseless.

I love you with all my heart...  or was that gas?  8)

p.s, I really don't like BMW riders either!  ;D

John Logan

Lajolie's message is half lies, at least. As expected, and not worth rebutting.

My original point was to warn the rest of you away from taking the trip to visit him. That stands. His message is another example of why.

Good luck. I'm through with this.

JL

jasonm.

I won't critisize. Just give me the year of the FZ750 and any special jetting. I have access to many types of Yamaha carbs. I would like to do the CV carb set up.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules