News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

vision triple tree

Started by interloper, April 04, 2005, 04:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

interloper

i'm looking for a triple tree that will fit the vision, and allow me to put regular handlebars on. anyone know of a triple tree that fits?

interloper

looking for something like the triple tree mounted on Dave Sulecki's yellow bike in the gallery

louthepou

Hi there,

I think your best bet is to get some measurements, and try a machine shop... That (if my memory works fine, I haven't looked at the galery before typing this) was a one-off by the owner. Other than that, I'm fairly certain nothing mass-produced exists to put on a tube handlebar.

I wonder if there's enough space to just fit some machined holding brackets on the stock top tripple clamp?

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Lucky

find a post by Rick G & shoot him an email. (i don't have his email address handy) he's done that mod, or perhaps can do it for you for a few sheckels

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

louthepou

That has to answer my question I suppose... Thanks  :)

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Rick G

No one makes a  conversion and nothing else fits , so I did some fabrication  and adapted  a set of handle bar mounts  from a  honda 3 wheeler . I later came accross a Vision racer  with a bar mount conversion  on it , so both of my v's have "real" handle bars . Its not a difficult job , I used a saws all to fabricate some scrap 5/8 inch  aluminum plate  and a dremel with sanding drums to finish off the welds . The welding cost me  60.00. If you want pics email me at rgcdn@post.com .
To me this is one of the most important modifications you can make to a Vision. The 83 style bar mounts are too low and too narrow, the 82 style are just plain awfull , the adjust ments are too high ,too low and no good either. Finally I couldn't stand it any more , now the bike is much more comfortable ,especially on long rides.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

veloce430

I have Dave Sulecki's yellow V now, and I really like the bar set up.  He included the engineering drawings for it, so I could send you a copy. He did away with the stock Vision idiot lights and ignition switch, and there is no easy way to retrofit them in their stock location.  I will be experimenting with some ideas for that soon.

Stu

interloper

yeah, if you could send me that stuff, it'd be great. the less guesswork the better. as far as not having a place for idiot lights, well, those are for idiots anyway, right? my email is ctkyq9@mizzou.edu. be sure and drop me that. thanks

Superfly

On a Vision I bought, someone just drilled holes in the stock Triple tree, and monuted a set of bars there.  It worked fine, but then I got an extra set of 83 risers and put them on instead.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.