News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Tire Size

Started by Geoff Taylor, May 07, 2005, 08:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Taylor

I'm new to this group, but a long time motorcycle rider & wrench...  Seems that my '82 Vision's tires lose adhesion waaay before the suspension & chassis give it up.  Anyone running larger tires or wheels?  I know, the shaft limits a lot.  Just thought that maybe someone's gotten by maybe with a 20mm wider rear, & ????  on the front.  Thanks, & I'm sure I'll have MANY other questions soon to entertain ya.  ~Geoff in Nashville

Lucky

Geoff, or anyone know why this was posted to the Archives??
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

admin

fixed  :)

Geoff, It sounds like you need some decent tires.
what are you running ?

silicon_toad2000

I haven't ridden many machines. If the bike gets a bit messy in a twisty, how do you know if it is because of the tyres or the chassis/suspension. Aside from putting better tyres on and seeing if it goes away.
I don't think i have riden beyond the limits of either on the vision, but when I do I'd like to know what each feels like.
One mans clunker is another mans blank canvas.

Rupert

What about tire pressures affecting amount of tread gripping the road?

I find my V can get a little light in the back on some greasier roads as I generally ride with the suspension hard and the back tire good and firm for 2up riding.
Ah, there's that bolt for the bike from last month's tinkering.
Now where could it go?

silicon_toad2000

i don't know about grip, but when I incresed my tyre pressures from 28psi to 30psi the machine almost turned with a thought. I'm sure i only thought about changing lanes one time and before I knew it i had changed lanes.
More seriously the input need to change direction was much less with 30 psi compared to 28
One mans clunker is another mans blank canvas.

Wayne

Geoff-What brand and size tires are you riding on now?