PHENOMENA + problems grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Started by Humber, July 19, 2002, 12:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humber

HI guys!!!!

Believe me or not but YESTERDAY I MANAGED to ride our V for 800kms without any problems - hmmmmmmmmmmmm serious ones of course......

Namely I encountered very annoying thing happening in my bike. It started to burn on of the FUSES constantly (until I put there 16A fuse)

It is one that is responsible for indicators, rev counter, and supposingly brake light.

From my observations I assume that those proper fuses (10A) burned only when idling for a while (in the traffic). And they were seriously worm then. ON the road the problem dissapeared.

There was no help for that Yesterday so I had to put 16A there so as to have indicators. But this one was nearly hard to touch when I arrived home (my ride lasted from 10.00AM to 1.00AM).

The friend following me noticed that one of my tail bulbs don't light all the time. Sometimes it is stometimes not.....

What do u think about that, what measurments should I take, any helpful stuff for that (web pages etc etc).
nie ma podpis?w

ArrrGeee

Humber,
 you have a bad connection somewhere.
 check your eletrical grounds thoroughly, check the bulb sockets for rust, check for a pinched wire.
 Do not continue riding it this way, you will fry something more serious than a fuse!

While I'm on the subject of electrical, who has converted their turn signals to running lights?

I just did the front ones this week and now I'm cursing Yamaha for not doing this originally when they were new.
just the added visibility for night riding makes a huge difference.  Yes the turn signals are ugly but when I checked out the mini-ones that they sell all over the place, I found out that they are not DOT approved. that could potentially mean a ticket for those of you that have done it. or a failed inspection sticker for those people who have to get one.
Massachusetts is really tough on those items and now if they
see your forks weeping or your brake pads getting thin they will refuse you an inspection sticker. (it sucks)
I don't know how tough it is in other states but it's getting to be a major hassle here.

-Ron

QQBS

Humber:
Your fuse problem sounds like fuse holder prong corrosion.  Wrap a nail or similarly sized object in sand paper and sand the inside of all your fuse holder prongs to a bright and shiney condition.  Also sand the fuse metal end caps.  Then, lightly grease the sanded areas with wheel bearing grease and reinstall the correct amperage fuses.  Cheers.

Humber

NO Thank U for hints but I managed to solve my problem. I don't know why but it was tail light bult which was causing the problem. I don't know why since it was OK, but after installing comletely new anything backed to normal state.
nie ma podpis?w