News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Over the edge

Started by Wayne, April 03, 2005, 02:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne

Went riding today with a group of 30 bikers. 80 miles out and back. Our stop at the coffee house, one of the other riders comes over the table and ask me what I would take for the Vision, he would like to have it. I told him I was not thinking about selling the bike. He said, I will give you $$$$$ for the bike. I almost spilled my coffee. This guy had more money than sense. Arrived back home and he made me a better offer. I said no. The bike has won. The Vision has pushed me over the edge. I am ready for the funny farm. Wayne

Lucky

3 Hizza's for Wayne (art Vandelay not withstanding)
Hip Hip Hazza!
Hip Hip Hazza!
Hip Hip Hazza!

Dude, you make me proud...

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

Wayne -

You truly have arrived - full Visionary status with honors!   8)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kiawrench

Yep,,

? Wayne has had it,, he can officialy say he is now a certifiable vision rider!! could have taken the money and run,,, but he has opted to stay and see what really is behind door number three!!!!
 ?It is ok wayne,, Providian has a rehab clinic for vision addiction,, but so far ,no real success stories,, lol ?
 ? ? ? ?I guess you need to quit being a guest and sign up,,, get your vision fix as often as possible. Just wait until the urge hits you to pull a full frame out resto on a vision,,,,, lol ? real happy time !
but if that fella just have to have a Vision, i am sure we can zip a few parts bikes into a single ride for him,,,, and maybe he could buy it ,,,,,,
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Extent

You might have actually taken him up on it tho.  for $$$$$ you could have gotten 2 or 3 V fixer-uppers  8)

but then again with all the talk of sibbling rivalry it's probably much better that you keep your original baby ;)
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

Wayne

Can't sell. It is part of the family. This bike has given me a education on elec. systems, fuel systems, susp. systems and it has even added a few words to my vocabulary on occasion. A free education. Well, not really free, but I will not go there, spouse may want to discuss that part if brought up. Have a good one.

Rick G

As for me , they are going to have to pry my cold dead hands from the grips . I ain't given up with out a fight!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike