FOUND a CAPPED OFF VAC LINE (rear cyl.)

Started by scootertramp, July 05, 2002, 11:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scootertramp

OKAY I knew it was there but I did'nt SEE IT if you know what I mean? a CAPPED OFF VAC LINE .. ON THE REAR CYLINDER carb diaphragm.. it has been capped.. I experience a disturbance in "the force" (ahahaha) when I accelerate unless I FULL CHOKE it.. It seems starved for gas so I full choke it and blast on out maybe feather the throttle a bit too as I go through the gears.. but when I get up to high  speed I experience a slight stutter that clears a bit when I feather the throttle a bit more... I had an old car that was the same way and I looked under the HOOD of that OLD CAR and one of the vac lines was OFF... so I put it on and the CAR ran better.. I am thinking that IF I find out WHERE that CAPPED off LINE goes it will FIX my problem.. if nothing else I can ALWAYS cap it back again.. my yics chamber works and is in good condition and ALL OTHER lINES are TIGHT and NEW... SOMEONE PLEASE tell me WHERE the REAR CARB DIAPHRAM VAC LINE "GOES TO.. also where can I get A NEW vac line attachment that HANGS down on the otherside.. part of this one fell off and when I blew in it there seemed to be some slight restriction... ALSO**** WHERE SHOULD YOUR OIL LEVEL be when running on CENTER STAND? HELP.. P.S. HUMBER I have not forgotten my new friend.. soon...
IT's a VISION.   82. 550. water-cooled and shaft drive.
yes'm water-cooled just like a car.
No. no chain. it has a shaft drive like a car.
well no mamm I don't wish i had a car.
well, when it rains I have to find a dry spot.
cause this is a

dav

I believe that the intake boots are same part for the front and rear cylinder.  That means they would both have a vacuum port. One is used for your vacuum petcock. You could use the other for the flapper door mod or just leave it capped off.  It doesnt go to anything.  Your stutter seems to be a carb cleaning issue.  You should never have to run with the choke on after about a minute or two at most.  Could you be a little more specific on the othe vacuum line attachment you blew off?  You cant check the oil level while running.  Check it on the centerstand 10-15 minutes after running or cold.

Lucky

Dav, big WRONG on the flapper door vac line.  it HAS to go on the fitting that is on the front carb, at the top, on the right.  if you hook it up to the intake, the door will be activated all the time.
on all the Visions i've seen the front intake has 2 fittings: a large one for the fuel pump, and a small one, capped off, for carb sync the rear intake has only 1 small fitting for the petcock.
that doesn't mean all Visions are like that, I keep finding weird differences here & there, see my new post on starters.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

dav

yeah, i was on my own little planet about the flapper door. I was just trying to remember all the connections from memory.  didnt do so well did I?  I got tired of working on my bike so now i am selling it if anyone is interested.  Ive posted multiple times in the other board.  Plus you get two parts bikes for free with the purchase of my vision.