News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

FRAME RAIL improvement is a real HARDSHIP

Started by Humber, June 26, 2002, 11:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humber

YES, Today I spent whole day and I managed to tap only one whole. This frame material is really HARD!!!!!

UFFF
nie ma podpis?w

ArrrGeee

it should take about twenty minutes per hole.
go here:
http://www.emhart.com/products/helicoil/

order yourself up a Heli-Coil kit, it comes with the correct
hardened steel Tap and installation tool.
if I remember correctly, I used 3/8 fine thread and picked up some case harden bolts for the replacement.

make sure you get the correct number drill to set the hole
size before you start.

good luck.
 -Ron

Humber

And now I have a real nightmare. I tapped three wholes succesful, and as I was tappig the forth one the taper suddelny broke in half.

I have half of the tapper inside. Shit it is so hard that I wasted that it is impossible to get it out!!! Now I need Help!!!
nie ma podpis?w

Humber

I managed to get it out. YES A lot of work huh

Anfd I made a trial ride without fairing. WHOOOOOOPS, acceleration is much more exciting, the engine is much more cooler and it accelerates in the same way whether it is warm or cool.

A VISION OF MINE REACHES 200kmh without fairng, wonderful ride.

Maybe there is a posiibility to provide fresh air under the tank when tha fairing is fitted??????
nie ma podpis?w

minusone

What is 200k/h in mph?   Is your fairing full?  I have no problems running with mine but its only the quarter.  The only difference with and without is the buffetting and wind noise, but if you tuck in real close even that drops.  Would there be a way to duct air through or around?  Max

Humber

He, U don't understand. I am from POLAND I have my speedo in kms.

And yes it was 200 km/h, I was replacing bolts in frame rail and it was essantial to remove fairngs. So, occassion for me to test her without it. And I did it.

Think she is much more sensitive to acceleration and it doesn't get warm to such extense without fairings as it does ?with it.

Still there is much more cool air under gas tank and I think this is the reason for her better performance.
nie ma podpis?w