News:

Main Menu

fork tunning ???

Started by 1LostVrider, June 24, 2002, 12:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1LostVrider

hey guys i have a question, when I let go of the handlebars of my V, and the speed drops under 50mph the handlebars start wobbling out of control.  So hard that if i let it get too out of control it would throw me off my bike (havent tested that yet) but it gets pretty violent. I know this could be quite a few htings, but my tire pressure is good, and the forks are straight, and the nadlebars are fine. What could this be due too ???

LVR

Humber

Actually we made a lot of discussion on that topic. It is not so old. FORK TUNINING started by humber. About 31 posts!!!

Find it and there u will find relevant information. BYE
nie ma podpis?w

1LostVrider

right, but the topic in that post was about instability during cornering and high speeds, my bike handles wonderfully on corners, and has no problems at highspeeds. My problem is extreme wobbleing during low speeds when i let go of the handlebars. If it were a fork tunning problem woulndt my bike be unstable on corners and high speeds. Maybe i adressed the wrong subject ? Anyone ?

ricks_83

. I HAVE HAD OVER 10 VISION BIKES I HAVE RESTORED AND THEY HAVE ALL DONE IT. KNOWING THE TENDANCY IT IS PRONE TO MEANS YOU DONT TEMPT THE BEAST, IT IS THERE. THERE ARE THINGS  THAT WILL REDUCE IT AND I HAVE TRIED ON MY 82 BUT STILL DID NOT COMPLETELY ELIMINATE THE ONLY THING THAT I HAVE NOT DONE IS REPLACE THE TRIPLE CLAMP BEARINGS THAT IS WHAT I AM TRYING TO LOCATE RIGHT NOW. BUT I AM HOPEFULLY PUTTING THE TOP END TOGETHER TOMMAROW ON MY 83.  THE WOBBLE IN THE CORNERS MIGHT BE DUE TO THE HESITATION INVOLVED IN SOME INSTANCES ROCKING BACK AND FORTH ON THE CARB CIRCUIT THAT HAS THE HESITATION MAKES THE SUSPENSION  GO THROUGH SOME CHANGES pdq my 82 had some hideouse tendancy to dive in the corners  but when trying to roll on the throttle from almost any setting would make front end dive

QQBS

As strange/unbelievable/improbable as this may sound, most bikes will react this way under the conditions you describe.  I've read numerious magazine references over the years regarding this phenomenon.  They all say that no matter what they did (tires, tire pressure, steering head bearings, ect., et. al.) nothing eliminated the handle bar shake.  They all suggested that the best fix is to keep your hands on the handle bars.  Please remember that a motorcycle is not a bicycle.  Cheers.

Rick G

Hi all,
Thats funny, I was going to ask about this very "problem"  I have  a throttle lock on mine and occasionally will rest my right hand , with the lock set (or the left  while holding the throttle with the right)  a week or so ago  i set the throttle  lock and let go with both hands (I've seen many motor cops do this while take off gloves ect.) I let it occilate 4 cycles  before I chickened out and grabbed it , the 5 th would have dropped me on the ground!!My boss says its my lousy Cheng shin tire, but then he hates mail order tires.  Like QQBS says don't let go!!!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike