Main Menu

Carb kits

Started by bng_brigade, April 08, 2002, 06:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bng_brigade

Does anybody have a link for carb rebuild kits for an 83'?

Rick G

Hi No one makes them, and YIC  quit providing float bowl gaskets. You don't need a kit . if the float needle and seat are bad , both Mikuni and YIC sell them separatly. Lucky and i rebuild  carbs for a small fee. and will make gaskets for an even smaller fee. all you need is a gallon of good carb dip  (  i got mine at Napa)  and a clean orderly space. A large coffee can w/lid  and a large can (mine once held tomatoes ) with 30 0r 40 small holes in the bottom and two at the top to put a wire bale on the can i use tha can for small parts and a wire hook to secure the  carb body to the top of the can to fish it out. (wear eye protection , carb dip is nasty stuff)  you will need air pressure to blow out passeges and to remove  the water you dip them in to neutralize the carb dip. my fingers are tired any one who want mor einfo please email me!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

sdinino

Anyone have any hints on what to do if your accelerator pump diaphragm is leaking? For weeks now I've been trying to trace the source of the seepage (it's very slow). Finally I pulled the carbs, and it's clear that it's coming from the pump diaphragm.

Are these still available? Has someone figured out a workaround?

-- Steve D

Rick G

Hi  On the old forum someone mentioned the he had taken his accelerator pupm diaphram to small engine shops and compared it to several from pumper carbs in two stroke motors. he found several that fit well. Give it a try.   Rick G
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike