News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

OK, so what are the options for fairings?

Started by sdinino, March 16, 2002, 11:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdinino

I've been trying to put a fairing on the Vision since the day I got it, but the choices are pretty limited, as is my budget :-).

OEM is out, Quicksilver is hit or miss since they're out of business (I still haven't found a bracket that'll work)... or spend big bucks.

Any ideas?
-- Steve D

Jeff

Steve,
 Same here.  My Quicksilver has seen the pavement once and just hasn't been the same.  I've had to weld the mounting bracket a few times and the fairing itself has more fiberglass then plastic.  It's starting to crack again around the headlight.
 Rifle has a fairing for them but spendy.  I would like to put an 83 on mine don't know how much $ it would take.
 If you find a nice fit (wallet and bike), let me know too.

jeff

banascar

I am looking into putting a sport fairing on my '82... feeling your pain :'(.  I'll let you know if I come across anything.

Rick G

I bought a 83 style full fairing from a fellow in vancouver BC for 95.00 plus shipping . he advertised it on the old forum. It needed some repairs and paint but was all there. keep looking and good luck. Rick G
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

CyberDog

The Hannigan fairing may still be available... http://www.hanniganmotorcyclefairings.com/hannigan/index.htm

I found the site recently. They dont have the mounts for my '73 Norton. Maybe for the Vision, or could adapt the Quicksilver mount?

CyberDog ('83 Vision owner from 83-95. Wish I still had it)

1LostVrider

hey guys,  you guys should try and see if Power Bronze has any fairings. Their website i think is www.PowerBronze.com
They are out of the UK. I check their website and they have fairings for EVERY motorcycle. I check the bike listing but of course there was an XJ550 but no XZ 550 so i sent them and email and they said they had fairings for the vision ! i never looked into it any further cause i came upon an 83 sports fairing that i bought for 130$ w/ shipping. It is pricey, but it was in excellent condition with all the brackets and nuts and bolts, and considering hte fact that they are pretty rare i said what the hell. but  I have no idea what the  PB prices are. It might be worth Checking  out.

LVR

XRay_Vision

slip streamer at http://www.slipstreamer.com/

Offers 5 different plexiglass type of winshields that fit the Vision :

at  http://www.slipstreamer.com/Product/Touring/touring.html

you'll see the ...
S-00 Enterprise
 Fits But Needs #010Y Square Bar Kit
S-02 Spirit

at  http://www.slipstreamer.com/Product/Sport/sport.html
you will see the ...
SS-24 Hellfire

at  http://www.slipstreamer.com/Product/Cruisers/cruisers.html
you will see the ...
HD-0 Police Fairing
 Fits But Needs 7/8" Clamp Kit

HD-3 Tombstone
 Fits But Needs 7/8" Clamp Kit

X-Ray Vision
X-Ray Vision

james_ransom

i have upper minus wind screen i believe left lower brackets handle bars and risers most of the shorter cables plus 83 front forks with new tubes ihave 83 that iride almost daily in idaho lot of mountail roads to have fun on

Lucky

James,
I'm putting your message to me here, because honestly, you try to read this...
the space bar at the bottom of the keyboard works really well, try it..

--Lucky

==============================================
83 carb tuning specs on: Apr 9th, 2002, 11:05pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ihave 83 that i ride daily from march to first snow in idaho plus 82 with most of the fairing parts and 83 forks swing arm 83 wheels stock carbs were a pain mods made run better but having problems with 83 carbs front one seems to stick float occasionally and will droll when i stop at lights runs rough when this happens seems that when i run the tank almost dry and switch to reserve it happens i think float sticks but tried to clean when i dissassembled last fall, and hard starting seems like leaking needle and seats tried to get accelorator diaprhagm last year but not available the 82 is, the yam dealor said buy two and they will line up side by side if you overlap them do you think this would work i modified my 82 carbs by replacing the one without the accelerator pump with one with a pump and drilling the brass nozzles on the intake manifolds and putting check ball and honda jets in then running the accelorator into them they would squirt underneath the butterflys ran really strong but motor was weak and lost bottom end, had put new top end on it ported and matched intakes and exhaust can you tell me if the 82 bottom end was differant from 83 or identicle jamesrransom@yahoo.com  
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black