News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Mac system gaskets

Started by Dave T., March 29, 2002, 04:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave T.

On the rear cylinder, where the "Y" collector clamps to the exhaust spacer manifolds. What size & type gaskets go here? I know that the copper "squish" gaskets to between the cylinder head and the spacers. Does this same set of copper gaskets go in between the clamps also? If not, does anyone have suggestions? It's leaking...

Thanks in advance... ? ?;D
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)

sdinino

If I recall, those are doughnut type gaskets. The clamps compress them and seal around the pipe.

Mine leak a bit too, but not enough that I want to tear that apart again... its a pain to reassemble.

-- Steve D

Rick G

Hi Dave, those are stock Yamaha gaskets, I ordered a set  in 1999 and got them, but first try tightening the  clamps , sometimes they work loose. They are a pain to install but with the help of someone else (on the other side of the bike)  its not too bad , with a MAC exaust . If all else fails pull the rear wheel  for better access.  Rick G
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

jasonm.

If the clamp is not rusted to hell. Then the thin donut rings will fix the leak. If the clamps are still available. You may want those too. Also clean all "clamp discs" which squish the donut rings. They may be carboned or rusted.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules